Combat

Tealthantos

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4640 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Today I was cruising the blake sea in my new fighter in the "free combat" area when I spotted a boat cruising the surface - Thinking I would get a chance to test out the combat I dove in.......

A minute later I found my plane hijacked via edit, told I was in violation of the CoC and told if I involved myself in combat I would never fly again and would be banned from the Blake sea.

Weird I thought to myself and ask the person to explain and was told to hunt down the rules in game and see for myself, when I did finally find a airstrip with said rules I found out they were the individual rules of one sim, which basically consisted of "no combat unless we say so and by our rules of engagement"

My question is - should one organization have such power over what should be a free area? and if so, should not these rules be distributed as much as possible so others don't make the mistake I did?

Also if anyone knows of a free aircombat area on the Main Land I would be grateful to know of it........

The Blake Sea is a combination of Open Space sims managed by LL and regions that have been sold.  Either way, it's not the best practice to attack someone unless they are either in a known combat sim (not just combat enabled) and with someone who agrees to that fact.

If someone other than Governor Linden is paying for that land, they have the power to do pretty much what they want, it's their region.

Firing on someone just because, is never a good policy. 

What's been said so far is good advice. Here's another thing to remember though- if the land is Linden owned, nobody can ban you from it unless their last name is Linden, too.

Of course, much of the Blake Sea is no rez, so you can't attack people anyway.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4640 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.