Sign in to follow this  
LiveReport

Breaking News: Linden Lab Dumps Viewer 2!

That is right in the very near future Viewer 2 will be a thing of the past. The new Project Viewer rolled out on August 5th is Viewer 3.0 The Mesh Project Viewer. So all of you that were hoping for an end to Viewer 2 development have your wish. :smileysurprised:

But are you ready for Viewer 3?

ETA: As of August 12th Viewer 3.0 is the official Beta Viewer.

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote:

Yay! - If only they'd thought of changing the number sooner.

.... Hey... that means we need another forum for

Viewer Two Death  Watch 2011

It does seem like that would be a popular thread maybe you could start it over on the Second Life Viewer Forum. I would do it but I don't do obituaries. :o 

Here is to hoping that viewer 3 comes with an all-new interface. I'm sure that LL has asked a representative number of residents and builders for feedback and implemented the UI that we've all been waiting for. I mean, that would be the sensible thing to do, right?

Ishtara Rothschild wrote:

Here is to hoping that viewer 3 comes with an all-new interface. I'm sure that LL has asked a representative number of residents and builders for feedback and implemented the UI that we've all been waiting for. I mean, that would be the sensible thing to do, right?

Did you really just use the word sensible when referring to LL? :smileyvery-happy:

Venus Petrov wrote:

Breaking news of 5 August is heralded on 11 August?

LR, is this a union action you are taking by reporting nearly one week late?

I had to wait to find people brave enough to use it before I knew that it was being called Viewer 3.0 there is nothing on Wiki about it being called that. :o

LiveReport wrote:

That is right in the very near future Viewer 2 will be a thing of the past. The new 
 rolled out on August 5th is
So all of you that were hoping for an end to Viewer 2 development have your wish. :smileysurprised:

Mesh is going to change everything isn't it? I wonder if they need a new logo?

SLv3.png

Keli Kyrie wrote:

LiveReport wrote:

That is right in the very near future Viewer 2 will be a thing of the past. The new 
 rolled out on August 5th is
So all of you that were hoping for an end to Viewer 2 development have your wish. :smileysurprised:

Mesh is going to change everything isn't it? I wonder if they need a new logo?

SLv3.png

Very creative, Keli.  That eye, though.  Humm..has a big brother feel to it, at least for me.  Or, is that supposed to represent the ability of avatars to go invisible and hide from prying eyes?  If that is the case, perhaps the eye should be closed. 

Keli Kyrie wrote:

Venus the logo they use now has an eye in it I was just making it more mesh like.
:P

Second_Life-logo.gif

You sure that is not just a dirty palm?  From building or something?  LOL

I like your way of looking at it better because the eye kind of crept me out too. :P

Now you have me wondering. /me looks at it again....

Emasculation 7.jpg 

Will this mean we will finally get our Flexi Mesh Penii?  We men will no longer have to suffer from Ken Doll syndrome?  If it does, then I am all for it.  End the Emasculation now!!!!!!!!!

Uh huh, after 2.8 and 2.9 comes humm 3 (?)

LOL, as long as they will change the horrid screen clutterig UI... i'm ready. If not it will be version 2(3) uh?

New IU, New UI, New UI... 

See that is the thing Linda. The way this story is being reported to me is they skipped 2.9 all together and went straight to 3.0

Sigh. Am I the only one a bit sad about mesh?

Much as I love the realism, it just takes me another step further away from ever being a content creator. Dammit I can  barely shade a top nicely and sculpties are WAY beyond me, so this just seems to distance me further.

Building stuff for avatars is the only reason I truly like being here, and soon, what I build just simply won't be good enough. It barely is already!

I love the innovation, but I wish it wasn't so hard to do :(

Oh, and I will never use a V3 viewer that looks similar to a V2 viewer as long as I can avoid it. The UI is frightful beyond words.

I will cling desperately to Phoenix V1 setup for as long as I can because I love it. You listening LL?

Eloise Baily wrote:

Oh, and I will never use a V3 viewer that looks similar to a V2 viewer as long as I can avoid it. The UI is frightful beyond words.

I will cling desperately to Phoenix V1 setup for as long as I can because I love it. You listening LL?

As was mentioned MANY times, the UI is a matter of personal taste (and perhaps what you do in SL).

You might not like it, but there are ppl who do (me for example). :)