HELP!!!!!!! Viewer messed up

Merlynn Guardian

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4635 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was helping test a coffin with a srript that makes the vew go dark or some such

problem is that I cant remove the effect.  I tried undeformers , tried removing all attachments, tried resetting RLV collar, deleted SL viewers and reinstalled. stil lcant get visual back

SL support is non existant

can anyone help???

Please!

Delete you SecondLife settings file - that is the file containing the settings that you have customised.  It's location depends on your OS and the Viewer that you are using but it is typically under your local settings for app data.  This is not the settings.xml file in the viewer.

Yes, SL support cannot help with an item that they did not make or control.

If your screen is black, then you more than likely have an object made as a HUD to cover your screen.  If you can see all your HUDS but not the scene you are in, then it is definitely this.

Normally removing attachments does this however, HUDs can often get missed depeneding on how you removed that attachments as it attaches to your screen and not your AVI.

Right Click any HUD on your screen or just the black area on your screen if see you can edit it.  The in edit mode, scroll your mouse back. If the black image gets smaller, then you will need to click that "blackness" and remove it.

Not saying this will work but this is a common way to make blindfolds etc.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4635 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.