Sign in to follow this  
Rage Riptide

Blender 2.59 RC released

Chodai Yoshikawa wrote:

There was a notice saying uploads of collada 1.4.1 files would not work but with the latest viewer 3.0 it seems to be working

The current state of the related Jira entry makes me a bit worried: https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SH-1853

I am not sure what means "Someday/maybe" in the fix version field ...  Although the priority is "Major". Well, it is not assigned to anyone, so maybe someday we might get it ?

Maybe it makes more sense to ask the Blender folks to support Collada-1.4.0  (just teasing ,-)

Thanks for the post Rage :)

This Blender version works fine for me for both static and rigged mesh. So, it seems the SL uploader handles Collada 1.4.1 alright. 

I just did a test upload with Second Life 3.0.1 (238249) Aug 10 2011 16:31:14 (Project Viewer - Mesh) by the way.

The only lingering problem I see is that textures won't upload with a rigged model automatically. Yet, this seems to happen with every Blender version and is a Blender exporter issue not SL upload problem.

Hmm,

With the current 3.0.1 viewer I cannot upload newly rigged mesh with Blender 2.5.9.  Nor can I upload previously uploadable rigged avatars without being distorted.  For a Mac based viewer at least using collada 1.4.1 files that *used* to upload fine its not working at all. :-(

Uploading other mesh from Blender 2.5.9 using collada 1.4.1 files seems fine.