New Computer - Getting a Driver Error Message - Radeon HD 6770M

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4641 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Greetings,

I had a laptop crash.  The new one that they replaced it with has a
different graphics card than what I had before.  Now when I tried to load and
run Phoenix I got an error that said that I needed to load the latest drivers,
and Phoenix shut down.  The only card available on this set is a: Radeon HD
6770M.  Am I just not going to be able to get into second life any more or is
there something I can do?

Please advise

Regards,
Beth

Here is something I just saw that may work.

In Windows 7 you can go here:

Control Panel>Appearance & Personalization>Display>Screen Resolution>  ,Click 'Advanced Setting'

that should give you a dialog box with details about your display/graphics adapter card.

The viewer uses OpenGL rather than DirectX.

Hmmm.   I hate to be dense.  I went to:  Control Panel >Appearance and Personalization > Display > Screen Resolution  and selected "Advanced Settings"    I clicked around the tabs:  Adapter, Monitor, Troubleshoot, & Color Management, I looked around the Adapter tab and clicked on properties but do not see anything about  "OpenGL rather than DirectX"

Sl has always had issues with ATI drivers. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. My advice is to contact someone on the phoenix team and talk to them. They may be able to better help you since they made the viewer. Maybe an older driver would work better, or a third party driver if you can find one.

I appreciate the feedback guys.  I think that I sent a request for help to the Phoenix Wintel team but I am not sure.  I got an email that said something about logging into something that I didn't recognize.  

To be honest, I am a little afraid to mess around too much with drivers for fear of messing up my brand new laptop.   Sigh...

I really do appreciate you both for trying to assist me though.  I am just bummed that I have a sim that I can not seem to get to.  I guess that this may end up being one way to save a buck...

Regards!!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4641 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.