Cinema 4D and second life together?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4544 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have photoshop along with cinema 4d and i have been wanting to know if there is a way to make up an object on C4D and bring it over to second life. If there is a way it would drop the time down on making items like homes and so on down deeply. I have looked on youtube and havent found a single thing so this is where the lovely SL forums come in. if anyone would know anything about this then plz plz plz help me out cause i would love to start building homes,lighting and ect. 

Depending on the route you'd like to take, there are two approaches. Both R12 and R11.5 export compatible .DAE mesh files for upload to Secondlife, so all you'd need do is make your object, unwrap the UVMAP and produce some lower poly ones to account for LOD. Sculpties are also possible using C4D. as long as some simple guidelines are followed as far as base mesh is concerned ie: 32x32 verts, flatten the UVmap, and use a specific height map shader to produce the sculpt map itself. In all honesty...I initially set out on that route years ago and found it was much easier just going with Blender and Domino Marama's scripts for sculpt map generation. However I still did my baking and some texturing in C4D. Now that mesh is here, I'm concentrating mostly on producing efficient low poly mesh objects with R12. Because of the PE (prim equivelence) of a mesh, the smart thing would be to use mesh when simple/tortured SL prims or sculpties won't do. I'd start reading up on mesh in the mesh forum or wiki just to familiarize yourself with the caveats of what good practice and accepted procedure are. Good luck, and don't be afraid to ask!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4544 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.