Update on Marketplace Login Failures (and Search Results)

Brooke Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4760 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• 1 month later...

I rarely if ever post in the Forums. But this time I think it is appropriate. I have no clue what you did with that new update but back in days when I worked in high tech, I think I would have been tempted to fire every single one of the staff that coded and tested this update. This is absolutely horrendous and the team should be ashamed.

1. I suddenly have Unavailable items which even with resets will not become available, where they always were.

2. The "omission" of reporting in transactions is absolutely unforgivable.

3. The Double Listing cause of an Index problem in 3 days has not been taken care of.

(Unless you are Google your index does not take 3 days to update. Feed that to the people who know nothing about technology.)

I don't understand what sort of QA LL uses, but that is your internal problem. Though I have a few thousand items listed in the MP I always sat back and waited and was patient with changes and mistakes and months of waiting for fixes that still have not been done. But that is they way you run the MP so hey, who am I to tell you different?

BUT when you make an upgrade and manage to screw up so many things at once, either your QA was all drunk or on meds when they tested it, or probably NO ONE really tested it in a viable test environment. 

It would be incredibly nice to get these problems fixed BEFORE you move on to your next stages. And there is absolutely no reason in the world why it should take days and weeks to see the fixes to the changes to the changes to the changes to the changes (that is not a mistype) that the team running this has made.

Does anyone in LL on the BOD or a CTO have any responsibility? Or is this just a fly-by-the-pants operation, where someone says "Hey, that would be cool" and you code it without testing it?

This "update" has turned me from patient to cynical. I can now actually understand what has so many people blowing off so much steam. 

You should be ashamed. Your whole team should be ashamed. Just plain sad and pathetic. That is all that it is. Sad and pathetic.

You managed to turn me into a cynic about all this. Touche!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4760 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.