How do I make my SL Profile where its not searchable by google or any other search engines?

Warrior Cobalt

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2668 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

You can make your profile dead boring and uninformative.  Don't fill in anything about your RL.  Leave the Interests section empty as well, so that the system can't recommend you to anyone else.  Then make your Privacy settings as restrictive as possible.

4 answers to this question

You can make your profile dead boring and uninformative.  Don't fill in anything about your RL.  Leave the Interests section empty as well, so that the system can't recommend you to anyone else.  Then make your Privacy settings as restrictive as possible.

Rolig -- yes, but he's still searchable.  Some of us didn't enter SL so total strangers could look us up and ask personal questions/hit us up for a quickie/demand free building lessons/beg for gold plz...  A great many of us want to have fun, hang out with our friends, and explore Second Life without worrying about who can see what in our profiles.  If we wanted to worry about what stalkers could see, we'd be playing in Facebook, not SL.

@Shockwave --  Yes, I agree, and I am as disturbed by it as you are.  I don't like LL's decision to dump us into the Google-searchable world one little bit, and I will not defend it.  My best response to the OP, however, has to be (1) Sorry, but you're stuck with the system, but (2) you can choose to disable a lot of it so that your searchable profile is as worthless as possible.  I am powerless to do anything else.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2668 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.