Update Graphics Driver?

TwinVector

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2562 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

xXHannasassyXx wrote:

I have been geting too but im on a laptop on windows 10 and i dont know what type is me graphics card :\ please can someone help ;-; i realy want to download it

If you open your viewer (you don't have to log in) and go to HELP at the top left and then ABOUT <name of your viewer> it will tell you what graphics you have.  You may not have a seperate graphics card at all but one integrated with your CPU.  It will tell you that also.

Go the the laptops manufacturer website to see what they recommendations are for graphic drivers.  In some cases, but not all, there are special ones just for your laptop.  Check the websites download area.  You will probably have to put your model number in.  If a special driver isn't needed got the website of the manufacturer of your GPU to get it.

• 1 month later...

I was given a good tower with a 500gig hard drive and 4 gig memory. Has Radeon 9600 graphics card. SL recommended Radeon 9500 or better .But when I try to install and run, it days update graphics driver. Everything is fully updated. Since my card is better than recommended, why is it doing this

On 3/19/2017 at 2:25 AM, KarraSue said:

I was given a good tower with a 500gig hard drive and 4 gig memory. Has Radeon 9600 graphics card. SL recommended Radeon 9500 or better .But when I try to install and run, it days update graphics driver. Everything is fully updated. Since my card is better than recommended, why is it doing this

well first of all this a 6 years old thread ...now to your problem  ...those recommended settings are old and seriusly outdated  the 9600 as a card is what ? 11 years old now ? those recommended specs are there way way before they add a lot of things to second life and not representative of what you would need today to run sl 

On 3/18/2017 at 7:25 PM, KarraSue said:

Sl will run on a cheap Win10 Tablet so it should run on your setup even with a creaky old video card. It may be that SL just doesn't recognize the driver correctly. Uninstall SL and reinstall it. Try installing a different viewer like Firestorm, they tend to pay more attention to drivers than LL. To be honest though, you could buy a used Nvidia 750 off ebay for $60 -$70 and have a far better experience assuming your computer can support it. Example: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX750TI-1GB-DDR5-192Bit-PCI-Express-Video-Graphics-Card-/112335642083?hash=item1a27b9dde3:g:p4QAAOSwsW9Y01gn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2562 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.