What is Sexy About Women with Weapons?

Mayalily

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4637 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alazarin Mondrian wrote:

I don't find  women with weapons the least bit sexy. Then again, I'm not into weapons. I've never owned a gun in RL, never wanted to and don't like the company of gun fetishists. If I had my way I'd put all the gun owners on an island and leave them there until they killed each other.

then knives and bats and box cutters and anything else laying around will become the weapon of choice..then there will be nobody around to protect you from those killers.. because those people will all be happy living on this tropical paradise talking about their guns without interuptions..

pretty soon there would be anti box cutter laws and anti knife laws and anti bat laws anti crowbar laws ect..just all kinds of things being taken away from you that people use to kill other people..

i can't help but think..if there was a security guard with a gun in the cockpits of the planes back in 9/11 that we would be talking about the heros that stopped some terrorists armed with box cutters..instead of heros that had died trying to save people in crumbling buildings because pilots were overtaken by terrorists armed with box cutters...

i own guns for a few reasons..mountain lions..black bears...rattlers and freaks with knives that think they can do anything they want to people and get away with it..

my fetish is not being a victim..because law doesn't take over until after a crime was commited..

i would much rather have the chance to call them saying..i just shot an intruder rather than them saying..she was too young to die..

Yes, I pretty much agree.  They remain attractive with or without the guns or weapons, so I really don't get it as an accessory bridge to sexiness.  On the other hand though, it does conatate a sense of an independent woman in a visual MMO world.  What's inside a person (their soul, heart, mind) is what is really "sexy" (attractive) in the long run either as for a friend or a potential mate. 

ETA:  Sexy is often used to describe "attractive", not just sexual, such as certain stocks that have an attractive valuation are described as "sexy"; however, a stock is not a sexy thing visually but these stocks are often called sexy because there is something attractive in them that people want to take "a look" or it peaks their interest.   The word sexy has a lot of differing meanings in today's modern world; just wanted to clarify that I may use the term sexy differently than other's do. 

It's hard to say if killing zombies is "sexy".  I think the killing zombies video would have had an equal impact whether it were a man or a woman.  The woman was attractive but I don't see the guns as making her sexy because she is fighting zombies, and Zombie movies and Vampire movies I completely avoid; they are not my thing.  I like drama, comedy, and foreign films.  I don't even like action films except a few exceptions like Lethal Weapon; well, Mel Gibson in his younger days is a plus to the Lethal Weapon movies.  Mel Gibson just looks sexy to me no matter what role he has played, guns or not. 

Mayalily wrote:

It's hard to say if killing zombies is "sexy".  I think the killing zombies video would have had an equal impact whether it were a man or a woman.  The woman was attractive but I don't see the guns as making her sexy because she is fighting zombies, and Zombie movies and Vampire movies I completely avoid; they are not my thing.  I like drama, comedy, and foreign films.  I don't even like action films except a few exceptions like Lethal Weapon; well, Mel Gibson in his younger days is a plus to the Lethal Weapon movies.  Mel Gibson just looks sexy to me no matter what role he has played, guns or not. 

i don't think it's the guns..i think maybe it's the attitude of the whole character..maybe guns just add to that attitude..

i really don't know..i mean nobody in RL ever said i looked sexy because i had my guns on lol

maybe if i were doing flips and wearing sexy latex or leather chaps  in a tank top and keeping people from being eaten ..even though that would not be the best time to say..hey you looked really sexy killing those guys lol

Luschious Nightfire wrote:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

i really don't know..i mean nobody in RL ever said i looked sexy because i had my guns on lol

Heehee, except maybe when flexing your muscles, kissing your biceps and saying "check these guns"  lol

i can picture them all laughing at me already if i did that..  lol

Willow Danube wrote:

Weapons, like vehicles, are always related to a man's sexuality and his genitalia - a symbol of manliness and power. Every man in this world wants to be a superhero at some point. A woman holding a piece of weapon in her hand is just showing that she can handle a man and his genital. When a man sees a gun in her hand, he sees her with her hand on his genital. [...]

form one woman to another, this sounds like ridiculous psychobabble. I can't speak for men though, maybe one of the hetero gents here can chime in. I know it certainly doesn't hold true for me. strength and skill are forms of power, whether wielding it, of having it on your side. Attraction is power too.

Void Singer wrote:

form one woman to another, this sounds like ridiculous psychobabble.

Psychobabble it may be, Void.. but how do you explain that ridiculous smile on a man's face when he sees a woman with a gun or katana? Did you really think he was smiling because you were about to do a bobbit on him?

Lanas Criss wrote:

Willow Danube wrote:

...A woman holding a piece of weapon in her hand is just showing that she can handle a man and his genital...

Now this picture makes sense!

Once again Willow provides me with much enlightenment... ~thank you~~thank you~:smileyvery-happy:

Love the Sword.png

Lanas, that is hot.. and I'm a straight woman! I bet some guys are gonna wanna make a bedroom poster on this one. You should take royalties for every pics saved on their disk.

PS: For those who said "Sometimes a gun is just a gun".. I say, "yeah, that's what HE said"

Okay, fine.

As a hetero gent and a veteran, I can honestly say I find the fantasy of women with weapons to be very appealing.  Emphasis on "fantasy".  LIke a calendar of women in a garage holding wrenches and wiping imaginary sweat from their brows, it's a nice image but doesn't hold up to reality.

We have rattlesnakes out here too and my wife has handled them when I've been away, but if I'm home it's my job to deal with them.  I know we both prefer it that way.  Just as she might find it amusing, cute even if I was in the kitchen with an apron and oven mitts on baking a cake, it wouldn't be long before she took them away from me and shooed me out of the room.

I'm a woman, I don't particularly find women with weapons sexy (apart from Lanas - woweee I involuntarily wolf-whistled when I saw you with that big sword - marvellous :matte-motes-grin:)

When I was a kid I always liked Emma Peel out of the avengers - not because she was sexy, just because she was good at fighting boys.

So I guess it's just that empowerment factor. The confidence that posing with a gun (or chainsaw) might give someone.

bot 1.jpg

(don't worry, no bots were harmed in the making of this photo :matte-motes-silly:)

Gator Peterman wrote:

Think Columbine and you know why weapons are not sexy, no matter who carries them...

Now that was a really cheap attempt to troll. You might as well say "look at the traffic death statistics and tell me again that sports cars are sexy".

Criminals use all kinds of things as weapons. People have been strangled with lingerie and mutilated with high-heeled shoes. That is no valid reason for moral outrage at people who happen to find these fashion accessories attractive.

LOL, no definitely NOT sexy. 

To Address my OP:  What I'm noticing is THERE IS a trend towards superhero women as almost a 21st Century phenomenon of how a heroine will now be portrayed, albeit the superhero heroine ideal is portrayed in almost a Sci-Fi style, as shown in the photo of the OP.  I was wondering if this is a fad currently in the early 21st Century and/or just the popularity of Sci-Fi itself?  IOW, this is not only a current popular art form as in superhero/superhuman heroine, but I'm wondering will it last or is it a fad?  We know Superwoman, Catwoman and others existed, but superhero/superhuman portrayal of woman I have not seen to the extent seen in 21st Century art mediums. 

IMO, it could become a mainstay of a popularized art form as the ideal sexy woman, or it will fade away as the 21st Century progresses? 

However, MMO's could be feeding into this fad or craze, and that is why it is becoming so popular as an art form, especially for avatars.

Another thing that could have fed into this superhero/superhuman female fad could also be terrorists and the never ending discussions that pop up in real life (whether internet spread or not) that we are nearing the end of the world; i.e, the 2012 doomsdayers.  This seems to be doomsdayer art to me.  Or it's trying to reflect some sort of 21st Century woman who will be a survivor of the doomsday, and will need to be weaponed to survive?   It also seems to be some sort of anti-evolutionary art and shows the de-evolutionary patterns humans have sunk themselves into, i.e., back to a caveman (or woman) type of survival, as in the photo in the OP the woman is protecting skyscrapers that seem to almost be a ghost town; the atmosphere looks bleak and polluted and almost looks like an uninhabitable planet.  Art imitates life, what is the imitation here?  I think de-evolution of humans.  Marketers sell us everything in some sort of sexy package; this looks like propaganda doomsdayer art to me, sold in some kind of sexy package to manipulate the minds of the feeble. 

Willow Danube wrote:

but how do you explain that ridiculous smile on a man's face when he sees a woman with a gun or katana? Did you really think he was smiling because you were about to do a bobbit on him?

I thought I had...  all forms of power are attractive.

... likewise power wielded with ignorance is bloody scary (:: cough :: Palin ::cough ::)

@ "Can I touch it" pic.... that I find very UNsexy personally... it's too much slave fantasy

@ Del:

I can accept that, but you don't say why. I think it's the semi-mythical "has it all". looks, brains, skill, and strength... most cultures have versions of this for both genders... and interestingly a majority seem to equate masculine good looks with the others, but feminine good looks get the opposite treatment... too bad neither stereotype is worth a flip.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4637 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.