Help with clothing.

MarissaStarr

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4072 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi All,

After 3 days of rebuilding my computer and installing more memory and a graphics I finally got SL working. I have figured out how to change clothes and outfits and have bought some of the free stuff in the Marketplace just to try them out and see how I go. I received them in a box and selected to save them and then went to my inventory to try and wear them. All that done is to put a box around me. Some of the items I got were multiple items like 7 pairs of shoes but again I cannot select a specific pair of shoes and when I try to wear them, it just puts a box around me. 

I know there is something silly I am missing. 

If any one came help I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

Ah thank you so much. 

One other question can a REZ a box from my inventory or can I only do this when it is delivered to me?

EDIT: Should have said when I try to drag the box from my inventory and put it on the ground I get a rattle snake sound and it doesnt move.

You can rez a box at anytime from your inventory, even after being away from SL for hours, days or weeks or more. Most of the time when you shop inworld, you won't be able to rez your purchase in the shop, very few shops offer a rez area.

All you have to do is to drag the box from your inventory to the ground in a place where you are allowed to rez objects (go to a sandbox if you don't have a land of yours, you will find plenty of them in "search").

Welcome to SL and have fun! :smileyhappy:

Edit: LOL, I just saw your "rattle snake" addition. It precisely means you are on a land you are not allowed to rez items on. See my answer above about this.

When you buy from Marketplace almost all items are in a box.  If you buy in a store they can come in a folder or a box.  If it is a folder it will be mixed in with your other inventory folders, if it is in a box you will most likely find it in your objects folder.

You must open boxes by dragging the box icon out of your inventory onto the ground a little bit away from your avatar.  Then you right click on the box and choose copy to inventory.  This will move things out of the box and make a folder with the contents inside your inventory.

Then just open the clothing folder and click on one item and select wear...or drag the fold onto your avatar to wear the entire folder content, but this will knock off everything else you are wearing like hair and eye lashes

Good luck and welcome to SL!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4072 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.