Second Life Rigged Clothing Tutorial Series (Blender)

Ashasekayi Ra

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2958 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• 7 months later...

A little late to the party here but I just wanted to say thanks for these tutorials. :) I'm way, way, *WAY* ahead of myself watching them because I'm still learning basic Blender LOL but I can see they will be more than a little helpful when I get to this point. :D

Mikki Miles wrote:

Ashasekayi Ra wrote:

*laughs because she is so not a morning person*

I'm still waiting for the day that we get more hours in the day.

I will open a JIRA. LL should provide 24 additional hours a day for SL premium members, that's the least they could do

LOL... I totally agree!

• 2 years later...

I have watched all your videos and love them!

I however am using Blender 2.71 and I use the Firestorm viewer for SL. I have run into a problem.

I have made feet to upload for my avatar. I used the SL avatar to base my feet, I have rigged them to the armature and everything moves as it should.

My feet have a total of 25,386 verts and should be about 2 prims in world. I exported the feet via Collada (.dae).

In world when I follow how to upload I had to use a different tutorial because I'm so new to both Blender and Second Life. I followed their instructions step by step and somehow, it is saying the LI for two tiny feet will be 776!! How is that possible?! Is there something I've done wrong?

Could you upload a new tutorial, or explain here,  on specifically taking an object that is already rigged from Blender (preferably the newest) into Second Life? How to save the object in blender via .dae and how to get it in world without crashing SL due to the crazy size?

Thanks so much!!! You've really helped me get going!

I have reduced the vertices in Blender to 8000 and my LI is now over 1000. I've tried to use different physic shapes. I've tried lowering the LOD's. I've tried everything I can think of and still my feet are high.

I'm now trying to learn how to weight paint my feet manually in the event that transferring weights from the SL Avatar to my feet are the problem.

Hi there Zoe :)

Sorry for the late reply. I don't watch these forums too often these days.

I really don't have the RL time to post any new tutorials right now. I'm sad to say.

25,386 verts is a huge amount for a pair of feet. I could take a look at the .blend file and give you some advice on reduction and probably let you know why it won't upload.

-- Asha

Sounds as if you made a copy and reduced the count on that, then had higher LI. Are you using the Export Selected Only option? Otherwise, the increase would make sense. Also, are you using a subsurf modifier? Are you using smooth shading? What is the triangle count in the uploader compared to the triangle count in Blender?

ETA: Please don't replicate your questions in multiple threads.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2958 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.