Does this annoy anyone else?

Pamela Galli

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4316 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

You finish a listing and hit update.

You go to the inventory list automatically.

You want to see how the listing looks.

Type the name in search.

Hit search, then click Preview.

Uh oh there is something you need to fix.

Click Revise your item.

Correct the listing and hit update.

You go to the inventory list automatically.

To see how the listing looks now, so type the name in search.

Hit search, then click Preview.

REPEAT AS NEEDED!

How about this:  You hit update and then you go directly to the listing to see what it looks like.  I mean, is there anyone who ever hits update and has no desire to see how the listing looks?

I have been waiting for over a year for these kinds of things to get fixed, and they just haven't.

It annoys me too. We asked for this fix a long time ago and they said we would have it. But now they are concentrating on DD and I doubt anything else will be improved before that's implemented. 

The only time it wouldn't work to take you directly to the listing is when you're using bulk edit, where many listings are being changed at the same time. I never or hardly ever use bulk edit. Does it even still exist? Well, that was Brodesky's reason for taking you to Manage Inventory instead of direct to the listing.

Oh I just remembered, I now use the back arrow to go back to my listing when it is re-edit.

I usually hit Alt + Cursor Left a few times to get back to the edit page (it's the same as the back button, I just like to do everything with the keyboard if possible), or I open the listing and the edit page in two different tabs and then switch back and forth between them to edit and refresh as needed. But I agree that the automatic forwarding to the inventory list is annoying.

(Not a reply to you Pamela ... more a "We told you so" moment .. I think it's time)

Back last year when the Marketplace was being rolled out ... ahem, steamrolled over us .. several strident voices (myself included) pointed out that the "bugs" we were seeing were clear and strident evidence of a lack of experience and sophistication in the development team. We argued loud and long that handing a product as vital and crucal as the Marketplace to a small team of "first timers" was sure to result in problems that never got fixed.

Then they canned or bid adieu to the real muscle of the dev team. Again we stated "it ain't gonna get fixed folks, so learn to love it."

And yet there were several rather indignant voices pushing back, stating "stop spreading doom and gloom .. it will all work out."

Well .. here ya go! Basic issues of functionality are still borked. Basic reporting is still missing. Basic "I've done this kind of app before" niceties are still no where on the task list. Instead we are all holding our breath waiting for Direct Delivery.

Told ya so ....

What Darrius is talking about is exactly the examples I was referring to in another thread about the culture of a STAGE 2 company ...  The fun work of releasing the basics of a new website, ecommerce site, major function like DD, inworld function like MESH is what drives the LL strategists and developers.

Ever since the basic SLM took over from XSTREET, no one at LL wants to finish the job of deploying the missing functions in SLM that xstreet had.  That is boring to LL!  Its important wanted features by the merchants (LL Customers) but LL Development an Commerce team doesnt want to do software maintenance and minor fixes like finishing the critical SLM reporting.  Brooke and Team wants to tackle Direct Delivery.  LL development doesnt want to fix lag on the sims - they want to work on the MESH.

That is why JIRA is awash with countless rarely looked at or LL dismissed bugs in the existing inworld grid like VWR-4018  which has been a terribly annoying bug in the grid for years but as you can see for yourself - LL has now placed into the blackhole called "Product Backlog".  AKA "bugs we will never fix because we are working on exciting new functions like Mesh"

LL as a Corporate Case Study screams out as an immature Stage 2 company structure.

Yes I remember very well. And I clung to the hope that any day now these things would be fixed. And yes, it is pretty obvious that whoever designed the MP had no clue how it would be used, if they did not realize that after finishing a listing, you want to see how it looks.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4316 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.