Can I at least get a straight answer on what's wrong with my Paypal account?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4065 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

*Submits Payment Info

"Sorry there was an error.  This account is restricted."

*Submits Payment info

"Sorry there was an error.  This requires a verified Paypal account."

*Submits Payment info

"Sorry there was an error.  This account is restricted."

Okay, I missed a tier payment due to RL issues.  So my account - my main account - got locked.  That's fine.  Only now I try to put my Paypal info back on - the same info I've been using for two years - and the error message can't even pick a reason why it's not working.

My Paypal account is verified.  I've been all over it and there are no restrictions on it.  If there were I imagine Paypal would have told me.  Meanwhile I've put a ticket in to LL, 4 or 5 days ago, and in the meantime I have my NEXT tier payment due in 8 days time.

It would be nice to actually be able to pay the money I owe.

It would be nice to be able to get inworld and offload the land I currently can't afford before I get billed for it again.

It would be nice to not be facing the prospect of seeing the avatar I've had for three and a half years deleted because it took too long to get this fixed.

And it would be nice to actually KNOW what's apparently wrong with my Paypal account.

Excuse the rant, but I'm utterly at a loss here. 

Darcey Nacht, posting on a long abandoned alt (and it took me flipping ages to remember the password for this one!)

Contacting Linden Lab billing support

If you have a non-technical issue related to billing concerns, you can call the Linden Lab billing team at the following toll-free numbers:

• US/Canada: 800-294-1067
  • France: 0805-101-490
  • Germany: 0800-664-5510
  • Japan: 0066-33-132-830
  • Portugal: 800-814-450
  • Spain: 800-300-560
  • UK: 0800-048-4646

Long distance (not free): 703-286-6277

The billing team is available twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.

*meows*

Amanda, i too have this problem as i pay with a visa/debit card and dont like to have money in it unless i need to so if it is compromised i wont lose anything, trouble is  the bill day seems to change so i am never sure exactly which day of the month to put money on the card, last time my account wasy locked and it took a few days to get the information in as well. the way i understand it is they give you 7 days after the bill day to pay then lock your account. i didnt get a message to say it didnt get paid so assumed it went through then lock out. i had to do the same as you and submit a ticket, seems they are haveing a bit of trouble with billing so dont feel like you the only one, i am quite sure it happens often. persevere, someone will fix it eventually. since they reduced staff things get fixed a LOT slower now days. 

I've had the same problem because I'm new and needed to add my payment info.
Finally I got a solution from LL Support. For me the issue was that my payment info didn't get through due to the web browser, sounds too simple right?
I use Firefox and Internet Explorer. I tried Opera as LL Support suggested and guess what, payment method got accepted. I couldn't believe that this was the issue.

Maybe it will also solve it for you or other people.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4065 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.