Old to New: How do I transfer my account from laptop to laptop?

Jamifer Jacks

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4637 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi guys,   I purchased a new laptop and wanna get all of the saved items from my old laptop to the new one.  I'm wondering how you do that.  Somebody mentioned all of the files, like hair, tags, body styles, clothes, items, etc. are saved directly on the harddrive of the old laptop.  Does that mean when I DownLoad, SL onto the new laptop everything is gone?  Please help because I don't wanna lose years of collections over this.  Thanks to anyone that can help me.

Mods: Sorry if I have done something out of the ordinary on this thread.  I wasnt sure where to find this topic and have searched for a while.

Jamifer J, AKA Li'l Blue Dude of Love

Thank you soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much!  I was really hoping it would be this easy.  Probably why I couldn't find the info on here.  I shoulda simply tried the Downlad first.  You both are speedy and awesome.  Thanks again! 

~  Li'L Blue Dude of Love

nothing regarding your avatar or logging in to SL will change but if you are a creator and have created anything like sculpts animations clothes etc that you've uploaded to SL and you want to retain the original files incase you need to upload them again just take the hard drive from the old laptop place it in a caddy connect it to the new laptop usually with a usb you will be able to access the files you created even transfer them to the new laptop

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4637 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.