New Nvidia graphics driver released

Medhue Simoni

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4633 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just incase you did not know, Nvidia released a new driver 280.26. I know that quite a few people have been complaining about the previous driver lately.  I'm not totally sure what cards this is all for, but I do know that it is for 1 of my cards, which is the GTS 450, and the GTX 460. I'll comment later on how it is working for me.

Oh, here is what I pulled off their site.

This driver package supports GeForce 6, 7, 8, 9, 100, 200, 300, 400, and 500-series desktop GPUs as well as ION desktop GPUs. This driver package also includes the 3D Vision Controller driver. 

Yeah, no real change for me, still all the same problems I've had for months and months now. It would really suck to have to go out and get another card that is not Nvidia, but I just want crap to work.

It seems to me that none of these issues existed until they put that 3d junk on my pc. While this might be cool for the future, if it is a problem, i want it gone.

Medhue Simoni wrote:

... but I just want crap to work.

I'm hearin' ya brother (or sister as the case may be. ya never know here.)

I just moved back to Windows after 10 years using only Linux... WOW, stuff does work. A graphics pad WITH buttons and tools, yay!

I updated...  Nvidia cards have way more options than I'm used to, however, I'll probably never use most of it anyway.

You’ll want to follow the progress on this problem in the JIRA https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SH-2240. The JIRA item explains the problem. Runitai Linden is working on the problem.

You’ll be happy to know both ATI and nVidia are having problems with OpenGL. So, even with another brand of card you can enjoy the same problems. You might be able to get around the problem with an older copy of OpenGL from and older viewer...

For now it seems the solution is to use the 260.99 version of nVidia drivers. See nVidia Driver GTX 460 Problems.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4633 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.