right click menu problems

Thea Imari

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4638 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

anytime I right click an object in my inventory either to attach it or to delete it or anything in the right click menu of inventory, my menu keeps going down before i can wear or delete anything. I right click again and try to attach or delete and menu goes down again by itself before i can complete my goal and it doesn't matter which viewer i log into sl using, have tried them all and am having the same problem. right click menu doesnt stay open long enough for me to wear an object or delete or anything. PLEASE HELP!!

I have seen this before and when it happened, it was a problem with my mouse as it seemed to be double clicking even though I was only single clicking.

As you stated that this with ALL viewers, I would assume its more a PC issue.

As for SL itself, I have not seen nor experienced any issues similar to this in world today.

You have to make sure that your cursor stays over over those temp floaters, all of them, not just the menus, otherwise they vanish really fast. There are also preferences settings for how long things stay before fading, at least there is on Firestorm,  so depending which viewer you are on you should check that out.

You could try to use the keyboard to delete items, and mostly for attaching and detaching items. The delete key will delete the item - or items - selected, and enter will attach, or wear, an item selected in your inventory. Double clicking an item in the inventory will also attach it or wear it. The thing you can not do is double click a worn system clothing to detach it, but attached objects will detach when double clicked in teh inventory.

- Luc -

Logitech mice are bad about double clicking as they get older. Especially the M500 series. Because of how I hold the mouse I tend to press down on the buttons with my fingers near the top of the mouse. The flex in the plastic tends to allow more bounce and I get more double clicks. Moving one's fingers toward the front of the mouse so pressing is more toward the heel of your hand than down reduces the problem.

I don't find any settings in the Debug Settings to change the menu timings for the SL Viewers... TPV's have more custom settings. But, not finding them for the SLV suggests the problem is not a settings issue.

thanks you all for trying to help, seems the problem doesnt happen every day as it isnt happening today, but mostly what I meant by wanting to attach something is like because I build jewelry, I need to be able to attach rings to whatewver hand I am attaching to and necklaces to whatever part of the body i attach it to. therefore double click wont work for that.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4638 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.