First pages flooded with freebies!?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4642 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

OK, now I went in and did a category look up and yes, the top 98 is flooded with 0 - 10L items.  Higher priced items used to take priority to the ranking as I am sure was to generate more revenues for themselves.

Could they too be feeling the squeeze and are sort of jumping the shark by trying to get residents to show more interest in the MP?

Chelsea Malibu wrote:

Mickey Vandeverre wrote:

What squeeze? 

The economy. Less spending and less to spend.

I only feel the squeeze when they keep doing BS like this. They have ruined inworld shopping, so now more people are buying on the Marketplace. When you go from having 80% of your sale from inworld for years, then LL ruins things and you are now getting less than 50% from inworld, then they screw the Marketplace up, It really starts to get depressing. LL really needs to step into our shoes for a bit.

oh that.  never really saw that play out in virtual world.  doubt that some stock market dips would effect anything here.

and it wouldn't happen overnight here, when you're talking about someone deciding whether or not to spend 5 bucks.

some of this stuff happens overnight.  just not sure what it is that is happening.  if you have to guess for three weeks you lose a ton of adjustment time, and by then something else is on the plate to adjust for.

it gets old.  never had a biz in physical world that had to be adjusted dramatically every other week or month or so, with no indications of what the problem is.

not sure if they adjusted the sorting or not.  still see a broad assortment of price ranges.  maybe I'm not searching the same way you are.  but I do believe that something dramatic happened on inworld search,, as well as marketplace.

You know, I've stuck with SL and not gone hogwild on all the other grids cause I expected better results from LL than the handful of people that run the other grids. Boy, how wrong could I have been. These small handfuls of people are doing laps around LL, even the TPVs are far superior.

After the mesh rollout, I'm definitely going to make better use of all the lands I've been paying for in the other worlds.

You are correct Sally

The important first few pages for almost every product and keyword search, when searching Relevant, are awash with horrible cheap 10L$, 1 L$ and 0L$ dross

On top of the cheap dross we have a SUPERABUNDANCE of 0L$ demo products choking the first several pages of relevant search

Shoppers are lazy and most people search via relevance and rarely search in specific categories, new, highest price etc 

0L$ , 1L$ , 10L$ stuff should not appear for relevance at all. It's bad for business and bad for Secondlife. It helps propagate rubbish content which does not reflect well on anybody or anything

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4642 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.