dry underwater cavern

Heatherjs

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4637 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

HI,,    is there something i can buy or use that would allow me to have a dry underwater cavern on my property.. i live on an estate and have terraforming rights..  i want to put an underwater cavern under my home but dont want water in it  :0  any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Heather

4 answers to this question

afaik it's not possible. anything below the water line will be tinted blue. or whatever colour the current windlight setting makes it :matte-motes-nerdy:

a possible solution could be to raise the ground level, dig a hole but not below the water line, and use prim water to simulate you going underwater.

or just derender the water when you're in your cavern. :matte-motes-nerdy:

You cannot remove water from below the water table on your sim, so you have only three solutions.  All are in common use across SL:

(1) If you are the sim owner, drop the water table on your sim by making the obvious adjustments on Region?Estate >> Terrain.

(2) Make your cave on a skybox, then enter it by teleporting from the "entrance" at ground level.

(3) Ignore the water.  Once you are in your cave and completely below the water table, the only wy that you know you are underwater is the slight bluish cast.  You can try compensating for that with appropriate texturing and use of local tinted light sources.

Of the three, the one I like best is usually #2.  I have seen some very convincing "underground" environments that are really 2000m in the air.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4637 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.