OBJ sculpt converters? recommendations.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4642 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello all :) I recently got an iMac computer and I am in need of a program that can convert obj files into bmp's for sculpts so that I can upload them to second life, but of course needs to be a program that can work for a mac, does anyone have some links/recomendations to some good converters?

Thanks in advance :)

That is basically what Qarl Linden's sculpt map export script for Maya does. In theory, you can import your OBJ file into Maya and then export it using Qarl's script. But in practice, this only works if your OBJ file has an UV map that is completely covered with vertices, without any holes in between. The vertices also need to match up at the top/bottom and the sides, i.e. the left side joins with the right side and the top with the bottom. This is usually only the case for very simple mesh objects, such as a sphere or a cylinder.

Thanks all, I will look into your suggestions :)

hibit Spad - there was an automatic .obj to sculpt converter, that did convert the obj to a bmp, I was using it for a long time, but it only worked for windows, thus why I am searching for something new, but if I need to use it through a program I will, whatever it takes to get me some BMP's.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4642 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.