SL makes 100 million a year

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4074 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

it's actually kinda meh news... that's a revenue figure, and LL is notoriously close-lipped about costs. that revenue stream also rides on the backs of region owners the hardest (something they've always known) as SL most stable direct sale service (I have trouble calling it a product). That means that a single small segment of SL users if the primary source of income for the lab... anything that pulls them away is going to gouge LL in a big way.

@ Randall Ahren....Lol im not sayin (giggles)

Umm, about a year ago, there were massive layoffs of staff, well documented in the forums, it wasnt a secret at all, this was directly related to earnings of the company, so it sounds like they were either merging several diferent companys, and had a excess of staff, or they were in some sort of massive downsizing..

but i dont think SL is going to flick the switch any time soon, but it makes me wonder though, how many of those 24 million avatars actually log in anymore ?

Uh huh it's an easy calculation i did a few years back. One can make on the back side of a shoe box really. Appr. 30000 sims x 250 Average tier is already 90 mill USD per year. TY for the confirmation.

Basic operation costs are also simple to calculate: appr. 250 workers x 2500 USD monthly = 7.5 Mill. per year. Other costs are energy, servers and many sundries.

But rest assured that LL makes a hell of a lot of money as nett profit to reinvest and to have a nice life for the main investors. It's the reason why they became so lame.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4074 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.