Sign in to follow this  
Zeaig Zabelin

Question About Random Teleport Bug

So this is just something i finally decided to ask about even tho its been around for a LONG time. Does anyone else ever get the strange Phenomenon where The client randomly decides to try to teleport you somewhere. You never actually go anywhere. But example. I may be standing in a spot and randomly il get a teleport screen. It wont actually send you anywhere but it acts as if its attempting to.

This generally seems to happen most frequently if your moving your avatar to a new sim using the search feature.

This happens to me often, though I've never bothered to do anything about it. Clicking the Cancel button fast enough (when SL decides to GIVE me a Cancel button) stops the teleport to nowhere from happening and prevents my viewer from crashing.

Zeaig Zabelin wrote:

So this is just something i finally decided to ask about even tho its been around for a LONG time. Does anyone else ever get the strange Phenomenon where The client randomly decides to try to teleport you somewhere. You never actually go anywhere. But example. I may be standing in a spot and randomly il get a teleport screen. It wont actually send you anywhere but it acts as if its attempting to.

This generally seems to happen most frequently if your moving your avatar to a new sim using the search feature.

Never experienced this. Not even something roughly similar.

Zeaig Zabelin wrote:

Moving your avatar to a new sim using the search feature? As in teleporting?

I experienced a bunch of random TP's a couple of months ago.  It turned out to be a bad mouse.  How that got turned into unwanted TP's, I haven't a clue.  If the only thing wrong had been SL, I might never have figured it out, but the faulty mouse was giving me other problems navigating around in Windows, I was surprised to see the random TP's stop when I replaced it.

Nope, in my 4+ years in SL I have never had this happen to me.  If I look in my inventory and 'accidently' click on a LM, I will TP, but it has always been because of something I initiated.