Question About Random Teleport Bug

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4643 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So this is just something i finally decided to ask about even tho its been around for a LONG time. Does anyone else ever get the strange Phenomenon where The client randomly decides to try to teleport you somewhere. You never actually go anywhere. But example. I may be standing in a spot and randomly il get a teleport screen. It wont actually send you anywhere but it acts as if its attempting to.

This generally seems to happen most frequently if your moving your avatar to a new sim using the search feature.

Zeaig Zabelin wrote:

So this is just something i finally decided to ask about even tho its been around for a LONG time. Does anyone else ever get the strange Phenomenon where The client randomly decides to try to teleport you somewhere. You never actually go anywhere. But example. I may be standing in a spot and randomly il get a teleport screen. It wont actually send you anywhere but it acts as if its attempting to.

This generally seems to happen most frequently if your moving your avatar to a new sim using the search feature.

Never experienced this. Not even something roughly similar.

Zeaig Zabelin wrote:

Moving your avatar to a new sim using the search feature? As in teleporting?

I experienced a bunch of random TP's a couple of months ago.  It turned out to be a bad mouse.  How that got turned into unwanted TP's, I haven't a clue.  If the only thing wrong had been SL, I might never have figured it out, but the faulty mouse was giving me other problems navigating around in Windows, I was surprised to see the random TP's stop when I replaced it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4643 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.