JIRA for Marketplace Reviews

Pamela Galli

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4593 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It would be simple enough to put some kind of info up when someone starts a review, stating something to the effect that:

• reviews should not involve delivery problems, as these are not done by the merchant
  • merchants should not be negatively rated for customer service if the customer has never contacted them

These things are only fair. A merchant should only be held responsible for what he has control over; we can't control deliveries and we can't handle customer problems if they do not contact us. It is not right to be negatively reviewed for things we have not done wrong.

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/WEB-4046

/me thinks that if the LL Commerce Team found the time to put in a FB button onto all our listings, then this change of simply adding a couple lines of text into the already existing MP Reviews should be even more simple and done in 4.9 minutes.

As one might have already said... "this is low hanging fruit".

(lets see if LL executes on low hanging fruit not on LL's own private list of MP improvements - stopwatch was clicked on)

I see you point and it is well taken as an alternate however, I still hold to my posistion that the ratings function is outdated, gamed, innacurate, hurts new product while giving advantage to antiquated products that may have been well rated before but would not cut it today.

In the end....

KILL TO THE RATING SYSTEM

Not sure what you mean but the rankings for ratings in MP is for the length of the item and is there for as long as the item is. 

So, lets say I had a very popular skin from 3 years ago and today's skins are far better now.  The new one having been new will have less people rating it and since they changed how things are rated (no longer pushing you into the rating systems) new items have a lower chance of getting rated. 

I show ratings still and they count in rankings for products that I have had up for years.

It also allow for easy gaming where you can get all of your friends to create a rating for you or worse, your alts.  There is nothing fair or useful about the rating system as it is however, they could work if they made some changed. 

First off, ratings need to die off after time, say 12 months. 

Second, the rater needs to be identified. It's BS that someone can put one star up and not be identified that they did this.  This also allows us to contact unsatisfied customers and correct it.  Since I offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee, I would rather give them their money back or fix it, but the current system does not allow it.

Last, the ratings a user gives need to be tracked as well as well as who they have rated.  If someone constantly gives ratings of 1 stars to all users but 4 stars to another merchant with competing products, we then know that someone is playing with the system.

In the end, there is nothing helpful nor fair about the current system and I say this being some with almost all rated items in the 4 star range.

In the end, I respect what you are doing as well as your knowledge/ability as a SL creator however, I don't think your motion is nearly enough.

Chelsea Malibu wrote:

Not sure what you mean but the rankings for ratings in MP is for the length of the item and is there for as long as the item is. 

So, lets say I had a very popular skin from 3 years ago and today's skins are far better now.  The new one having been new will have less people rating it and since they changed how things are rated (no longer pushing you into the rating systems) new items have a lower chance of getting rated. 

I show ratings still and they count in rankings for products that I have had up for years.

It also allow for easy gaming where you can get all of your friends to create a rating for you or worse, your alts.  There is nothing fair or useful about the rating system as it is however, they could work if they made some changed. 

First off, ratings need to die off after time, say 12 months. 

Second, the rater needs to be identified. It's BS that someone can put one star up and not be identified that they did this.  This also allows us to contact unsatisfied customers and correct it.  Since I offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee, I would rather give them their money back or fix it, but the current system does not allow it.

Last, the ratings a user gives need to be tracked as well as well as who they have rated.  If someone constantly gives ratings of 1 stars to all users but 4 stars to another merchant with competing products, we then know that someone is playing with the system.

In the end, there is nothing helpful nor fair about the current system and I say this being some with almost all rated items in the 4 star range.

In the end, I respect what you are doing as well as your knowledge/ability as a SL creator however, I don't think your motion is nearly enough.

I totally agree and have mentioned many of these concerns and suggestions before - but they were ignored as per usual.

I completely agree and fully support that IF the rating system continues (which we all cant predict it will) that at the very least - ratings below 3 should MANDATE that the rater's name be identified. 

If a customer has that deep a concern about my product AND if this same customer has even approached me to bring up this deep concern to the point that he/she would rate my product a 2 or a 1, then they should be prepared to stand by their serious concern.  This gives me the opportunity to contact this user to get more detail.  But moreso, by forcing rating identification for ratings below 3.  It also stops dead the Gaming and HiJacking that many of us Merchants have experenced by these unscrupulous ppl (be they competitors, griefers, or ppl with an Ax to grind on a Merchant).

I also agree that ratings that were set 2 years ago should be aged out.  If the rating is 18 months old - it should be removed from the listing like a sliding window.

But the best solution.... REMOVE THE RATING SYSTEM ALL TOGETHER.

Toysoldier Thor wrote:

I completely agree and fully support that IF the rating system continues (which we all cant predict it will) that at the very least - ratings below 3 should MANDATE that the rater's name be identified. 

If a customer has that deep a concern about my product AND if this same customer has even approached me to bring up this deep concern to the point that he/she would rate my product a 2 or a 1, then they should be prepared to stand by their serious concern.  This gives me the opportunity to contact this user to get more detail.  But moreso, by forcing rating identification for ratings below 3.  It also stops dead the Gaming and HiJacking that many of us Merchants have experenced by these unscrupulous ppl (be they competitors, griefers, or ppl with an Ax to grind on a Merchant).

Okey dokey, I was just on Skype with Rodvik, and I have arranged so that from now on, no one can leave a rating below 3 unless he reveals his name.  You may thank me with generous donations.

just kidding, couldn't resist

• 3 weeks later...

Oh and be aware of this -- I found a "I didn't get this" review from someone whose delivery "expired", he was not charged, I was not paid. So he never actually bought the house but was able to review it!  And he reviewed it well after the delivery expired, not during some window where it was still in limbo.

So in aggregate all this must be taking a lot of merchant and commerce team time to deal with.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4593 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.