Skin and Shape

James Aichi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4641 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Well, you know 'sexiest' is very subjective.  You can get excellent skins at a number of places.  Try Belleza and LAQ.  Shapes?  Well, get a skin you like and then mod the shape so it fits the skin properly.  I, personally, find the 'Aahnold' look unappealing but others seem to like it.  Either way, whatever you choose will appeal to some and not to others so make sure you create something you can get comfy in.

Good luck!

That counts it is your personality and not the skin you are in. You can impress someone for a moment or two but after that it is your character that others are going to judge and choose to be your friends or maybe something more.
One thing is for sure. Your first skin/shape it should not be the last one.
With so many creators it's very unlikely to find the one and only with the first shot. I think most male skins/shapes are very feminine made, but there are some very good ones.
Like myself and almost all my friends inWorld you should try as many demos you can, then choose the skin you feel it's reflect your personality. But I'm sure you are going to buy more in the future lol
Some suggestions (except LAQ and Belleza that Venus mentioned) try also Adam & Eve, SaWoDe, !Cybernetic Animation, and...too bad can't recall an excellent brazilian creator of male skins but as I said there are so many to choose of.

Each skin maker has its own unique style so the skin that best reflects you is a matter of personal taste.  Will list some of my favorites and then suggest you grab piles of demo skins, take them home and try them all on until you find one you love.

• Abyss
  • Belleza
  • Cheerno
  • DNA
  • Laqroki
  • LaVie
  • Redgrave
  • Tellaq

I'm not a female, but IMO, you should go with what you think is decent.  Look around and test skins with deferent shapes.  Of course, you should follow a few standards at least.  I'm not obsess with proportions like some other people, but things like your arms too long or too short and your head being too big or small tends to look weird, and I see this often in many places.

I have a male alt and I have generally been frustrated with finding skins for him. Applying a default shape from the Library and altering the facial features I developed a look for him that I like, and the demos I've tried tend to change his facial features considerably.Or I get frustrated with the skin tone, or it's not what I really want for him, etc., etc. Believe me, it's easier to find skin and shape for females.

If you get all sorts of demos and really don't find the skin or shape you want, you can try out the different shapes already loaded in your inventory, and you can change your default skin tones and facial features using your sliders until you get a look you generally can live with.

One thing that I do when I am thinking of a new shape is to go to the MP and pick up a few demos that I think I like.. see how they go with your skin, and what goes best with your skin as far as bone structure, etc and go from there. Generally, it is fairly easy to mod your current shape once you know what will look best with your skin rather than just starting with "what you want to look like" if that makes sense. For me, at least, knowing the limitations of a skin makes a huge difference with shapes. It could be that your skin is just not suited for the shape that you are trying to achieve   ( some have smaller eyes than others, etc ..)

Randall Ahren wrote:

Why don't you post a photo and see what the hetero-ladies think of your current avatar's appearance? Those threads are usually pretty interesting.

You should start a "Male Hunk" thread, Randall. Perhaps try to persuade Storm to pose in his mankini to get the ball rolling!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4641 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.