windows 7 Graphic Initalization Failed, Update Your Graphics Driver"...

sicilyskye

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4639 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I dont know where to go from here!!! PLEASE help!!! All day i have tried to get on here but SL2 is not letting me, saying graphics needed updating, i have gone thru everything and its fine, i really have no idea!!! If you do explain to me please in idiot guide mode lol, I have a HP G62 Windows 7 x Yes i have downloaded from the HP website x When  i troubleshoot it says that its an  incompatible application x

3 answers to this question

If I remember that error message correctly it says that your drivers are not current, not installed properly or not supported.  The problem could be any one of the three choices.  The first thing to check is to make sure you have a current driver (which you say you did).  The next couple things to check would be to assure your driver is installed properly and that you graphics card/adapter is supported........you didn't mention if you did those two things.  The easiest way to assure you driver is installed properly is to download the latest driver for you graphics card/adapter and save it to your hard drive.  Then completely remove the existing driver for you graphics and install the new one you downloaded (even if the new driver is the same as your old driver..........you're trying to make sure you have the driver properly installed so you must replace the old one).  You can use Windows uninstall utility to remove the old driver (which works most of the time) but a more thorough way is to use a driver removal program..........there are many free ones available online (search CNET/Download.com).  And to make sure your video card/adapter is supported refer to the minimum system requirements to run SL.

If you will supply some computer specs someone here can probably help you with determining if your graphics is supported and if your driver is current.  But no one can help you if your graphics driver is improperly installed........you must reinstall it and make sure you installed it properly (which includes completely removing the old driver before you install the new one).  No one can offer you any help without some specs and information about your computer......everything given without that is nothing but a guess (including my suggestion above).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4639 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.