Women - underwear

vickiadams

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4526 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

underwear i don't tend to wear on a daily basis and not under clothes if they're not going to be on show bras if it's something nice not too revealing like a half or quarter cup or peek-a-boo i'll wear as is have it on show maybe put an open jacket over it, i'll only wear knickers if it's part of the outfit or i have something with a lot of a*se crack on show

Yes mostly all the time. Apart from TP's to events I had forgotten about.

I bought a strippers HUD just for my own occassional entertainment, so you have to be fully dressed for it to work properly and use all the cute animations in it.

The majority of really cool clothes require undies at least. I do in fact have a full range of stylish underwear that hasn't been released yet. Plain simple and very nice for around the house.

I always wear a bra and panties when wearing clothes over them. The only exception is when wearing sleepwear or swimwear.

I don't really know why. I have some nice undies that a friend made and gave to me, and I like picking out which to wear and putting them on. No one else will see them, but I just think that it is the natural thing to do.

Although I am not using my exact real name, most of the time in SL I am talking with others about RL things - professional, personal (about kids), about computers, etc. So I dress the way I do in RL, and in RL I wear underwear. I have casual and professional clothes in SL that is very similar to my RL clothes, and my SL undies are very much like the ones I wear in RL. In general, rather practical, comfortable, but feminine.

Of  course, as Rolig pointed out, if you are wearing a skirt you must wear panties or "glitch pants" because cams can see up your skirt.

In SL, like in RL, I always wear a bra and panties, even when they can’t be seen (always the case except when I am wearing a slightly transparent shirt that allows a little bit of the bra to show through). I make my own clothes (using GIMP), including underwear. I usually wear suits (pants or skirts) in SL, like in RL. In both, typically a skirt or pants, a cami, and a jacket. Underneath I have a rather feminine bra and panty, usually lace and a matching set. I just think that it is natural, and fun to pick out and wear nice things that I have spent time making. 

In RL, like many other women, I wear nice looking feminine underwear even when dressed for work in a suit, I prefer demi bras with lace, so that is what I usually make and wear in SL.

Mary,

"In RL, like many other women, I wear nice looking feminine underwear even when dressed for work in a suit, I prefer demi bras with lace, so that is what I usually make and wear in SL."

Somehow I just can't imagine you in lacy, feminine underwear under those "power suits" (nice looking, though) that you wear. Do you really dress that way, or just wear bras that do what bras a supposed to do and are comfortable. Why lace if no one (especially me) can see?

Although the question was for women, I do not wear underwear in SL. In RL, what ever is comfortable, no matter what it looks like.

Yes, Bob and I work for the same law firm - different cities but we frequently visit each others offices. (Our last names are not real, however).

Bob, yes, you can't see them on me, but I do wear lacy, feminine underwear. Right now I am sitting in a coffee shop using their WIFI and waiting for the time to argue before a state appeals court. So naturally I am wearing what you call a "power suit" - dark charcoal skirt and jacket and red cami. Underneath, what the judges won't see, is a lacy, very thin bra and matching panty. The only way you, or anyone but my husband, will see them is if you visit my home and see them on the drying rack in my laundry room. You are welcome to come over when you are in town. You can even help fold sheets.

I make SL lingerie that is like what I would like to wear in RL. There are times when I can't find exactly what I want (style, color, size, etc) on-line or in a store, but I can make in for SL. So, with underwear and other clothes what I have in Sl is what I want, and often, but not always, have and wear in RL.

Right now, in GIMP, I am making a demi bra that is red, high transparency except for the cups (opaque), with white lace above the cups and lace covering the red parts, with matching panty. I have also ordered something very similar - the store had them but not in my size.

Thanks to all for your opinions and insights.

As for me, I wear bras and panties, feminine but I would not say sexy, in SL, even though no one sees them. I really can't explain why, except that it is the natural thing to do and I like good looking clothing, even underclothes. 

In real life I wear nice (to me) looking bras and panties also. I suspect that most women also do. A friend who is in sales in the intimates department of one of the better stores in town told me that there are several middle eastern women who always dress very conservatively, with hair, legs, and arms always covered, oten buy some very nice looking bras and panties. So I guess that how you look, even to your self and no one else, is important to many of us women.

So the same goes for what I wear in SL.

Marybeth, do you buy clothes? What got you started making clothes for SL? Do you make them for RL? Can you make them look realistic (curves, etc.) in GIMP?

Bra - not always. Depends. I don't really like the look of being able to see a bra under clothes that aren't designed for that sort of thing, so with a lot of my summer dresses/tops, no. The straps are much too obvious. With things that provide more coverage, like winter tops, etc., or if I'm wearing a jacket, yes. Panties - most of the time, yes.

Then again, I mostly wear underwear because I found a lingerie store I like and want to be able to wear what they sell, so...

Ariel,

" I don't really like the look of being able to see a bra under clothes that aren't designed for that sort of thing, so with a lot of my summer dresses/tops, no."

I have the same opinion in real life. I really can't stand to see women wearing a strapless or spaghetti strap dress or top with a bra with straps, or a back that exposes the back of the bra. It just doesn't look good, IMHO.

One advantage of SL is that I have strapless bras that can be worn with strapless dresses or tops. In RL, I don't like strapless bras, but for comfort and feel (feels like I am about to pop out!). But what it feels like is not a problem in SL.

I don't know what to do in real life. I like to wear strapless sundresses during the summer, but I don't like to wear strapless bras. But that is a problem for a some other forum. In Second Life it is not a problem, so I wear a strapless bra.

Vicky,

I agree about women in real life who wear bras with straps under strapless tops and sun dresses. I also do not like to wear strapless bras in RL because of such things as feeling like they are coming off, things that don't matter in Second Life. So in SL I have several strapless bras which I have made. The latest is a bandeau, ruched in the center.

As for what to do in RL, I have sundresses with elastic in the top part; I do not need to wear a bra underneath. But I am rather small up there, so the dress gives all the support I need. I imagine it would be more of a problem for "top heavy" women, however. But, in SL that is not a problem.

No, I do not buy clothes. I make more than I can really wear, just as a hobby and way of relaxing. I started sketching clothes, particularly suits, when I had time to kill (at airports, waiting for meetings, etc.). Typically I would see a suit or dress that I kind of liked and sketched it the way I would really like.

Then, I found out that with GIMP and Second Life I could not only sketch them, I could draw them in GIMP, upload them to SL, and wear them. Many things I have made, such as underwear and sleepwear, have only been seen by me. But it is still better than a sketch on a pad of paper.

I said that "I do not buy clothes". I should have said that I do not buy clothes in Second Live. As my husband has reminded me, in real life I buy many clothes. I always say that it is for work, so a necessary expense. But, as he knows, the truth is that I just like buying clothes that I really like.

But in Second Life I can make a really nice piece of clothing faster than I can get to a store in real life. So in SL it is fun to make stuff.

Most of the time I use the undershirt/bra and panties layers for my tats (yes I know there is a tattoo layer but that I use for something else and until phoenix adds the *add* to tattoo layer Im stuck with just 1 of those).  So I don't usually wear bra and panties in SL unless its a necessary part of an outfit.  And as far as undressing and wanting to show a sexy bra and panties .. I simply change as I go .. praying that there's not enough lag to make it not looks as seamless as I'd like it to be ;)

Wiki

• 2 weeks later...

I'm actually surprised so many women in SL do- I never have, and in fact don't really own any lingerie to speak of, since no one would ever see it. 

And about the sun dresses with visible straps business.... -=glances down=- Sometimes... well, sometimes you just don't have a choice. Find me a strapless I won't have to keep pulling back up all day, and I'd be happy forego the visible brastraps. -=grins=- 

• 3 months later...

Well, I do believe in completeness. I feel completely natural wearing ALL my layers as properly as possible. So I do wear a bra and underwear when wearing other stuff. I take them off when they conflict with other stuff (such as dresses) though...

It just feels better, I guess.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4526 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.