Sign in to follow this  
Jacki Silverfall

Another dumb mesh question

If you move a texture file from its original location that you saved the built  mesh with, it doesn't work when rendering the model. Okay I learned this the hard way. 

But, how do you keep the texture on it after its uploaded to SL? Does the texture have to go with it somehow? Do you apply the texture after? Does a texture map have something to do with it?

I'm still learning mesh modeling so be patient with me.:matte-motes-impatient:

I always upload textures seperate from the model and apply them inworld. I don't know if this function is working now at all

When you export a collada file from your work, you actually export textures too, so if the textures are in the same directory of your collada file, you can import mesh and textures all together in one time in sl. (remember to check the texture selection box.

Once you uploaded mesh and textures, you can find them in the texture subdirectory, anyway if you want you can upload the texture later and assign it to the object just dragging and dropping the texture on it 

I have found in the past that the uploader will upload only lower resolution textures compared to the original.  Perhaps its just picking the nearest lower size in standard powers of 2 or LL is trying to save on memory and data transmission costs. If you want the best results upload seperately and apply inworld, 10L an image is not much compared to the cost of mesh when it returns to its normal, higher price.