how to make avatar carry a prim and place it on top of another prim?

s3229002

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4645 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I would like to know how to make avatar move a prim by carrying it and place that prim on top of another prim. I would like to make a circuit board and have these prims (components) placed on the circuit board (another prim). Also how would I make the circuit board prim detect the location of the prim placed on top so that the avatar can get a message saying the prim (component - ie. resistor) is placed in the wrong part of the board? Thanks

1 answer to this question

That's not easy at all, if you actually mean that you want an av to carry the prim in its hands and then place it somewhere.  Doing that would require a custom animation and a bit of scripting.  It would be much easier if you bypassed that step entirely, since the important part of the exercise is what happens on the circuit board. Just have the person drag  or rez the component to any one of a dozen or so predetermined spots on your circuit board (perhaps by clicking on the spot to identify it with a function like llDetectedLinkNumber or llDetectedTouchPosition, depending on the design of your project).  The rest of the job -- telling whether that was the right spot and notifying the person -- is trivial scripting.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4645 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.