Anoying (but not unpleasant) problem!

depolo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4069 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey everyone,

Here's a puzzler for you...

I rezzed an Apartment Tower that I bought on the Marketplace to see if I liked it. Whilst playing around with the features in one of the apartments, I turned on a radio, and it started blasting out old Latin music.  Not such a bad thing seeing as I like a bit of latin now and then, but...

I have now decided against going with these particular apartments - and have taken them down.

But! I couldn't find how to turn that radio off, and fighured it'll just stop playing when I delete it, right?  Well, no it hasnt!  So now I have constant latin music playing on my land and no apparent way of turning it off! The original radio unit is gone, and nothing remains of the tower.

Is there any way to reset the sound on my land without deleting the other structures?

Thanks,

Matt DePolo

wiked Anton wrote:

the solution to it is as the first three said, the forth is just a long winded ego inflator. have fun!!

...and the 5th is a self rightgeous troll with nothing constructive to say at all.

FYI there were no other replies when I opened the thread, I just had it open for 7 mins and others responded, big deal....whats your excuse for coming along over 20 mins later just to post a snidey comment?

wiked Anton wrote:

the solution to it is as the first three said, the
forth
is just a long winded ego inflator. have fun!!

And the sixth is someone that just wants to say there was absolutely no need to be mean towards Peewee, who is always very helpful on these forums.

Peewee, take no notice of people like this, they are just jealous because they can't find something nice in this world to focus on. 

...and the 8th is also a very helpful person who devoted many many SL hours to rescuing ghosted avatars.  Sometimes when you do not know what you are talking about, it is best to keep your mouth shut and sit on your hands.

ETA:  I cannot keep up with the count!  /me laughs

I meant Mari.

wiked Anton wrote:

the solution to it is as the first three said, the forth is just a long winded ego inflator. have fun!!

oh no, you didn't! :smileymad:

peewee happens to be one of the very most knowledgeable, helpful, sweet and fun people here, and she does not deserve this kind of crap. take a hike.

Like others have said, the radio simply changes the radio stream url in the land settings. You can do it manually or a get a stream changer. There are many of them on the market place ranging from free to rather expensive. Most sl TV's will change the radio stream as well. In most cases you will have to deed the radio to the parcel though to make them work.

I actually sell stereo systems for sl, using the fada script which works pretty nice, but you don't need one really. You can down load win amp I think its called and go to the shoutcast website and browse all the channels then pull the url from win amp and plug that into the stream in the land settings. A sl radio just make it a bit more easier is all. But even with the radio you need to load the urls into a notecard or something. And they change often so sometimes when you buy a radio have the stations will be dead. There are few that search for channles though.

Other option is to shut of the music if you don't like it and can't figure out how to change it.

Me personally I have never been into listening to the radio or watching tv or movies in sl. I have a stereo and tv in real life. If I want to watch tv or listen to music I will just turn one of them on hehe. The Music stream is nice for live events though. Or watching a movie at a drive in or something with friends. But if I really want to watch a movie I would rather watch it on my 42 inch plasma than on a 22 inch lcd screen in sl. But that is just me, others love the feature.

Venus Petrov wrote:

...and the 8th is also a very helpful person who devoted many many SL hours to rescuing ghosted avatars.  Sometimes when you do not know what you are talking about, it is best to keep your mouth shut and sit on your hands.

ETA:  I cannot keep up with the count!  /me laughs

I meant Mari.

Haha, thanks,

Finding I can't multitask. Typing and counting is just too much for my weary old brain :matte-motes-dead:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4069 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.