SLCC One Week Warning; How To Watch Rod Humble, CEO, Linden Lab, LIVE, For Free

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4643 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Second Life® is the world’s leading 3D Web virtual environment and virtual goods economy.

Locations:    
California: Oakland Marriott City Center. for 300 usd registration plus lodging, travel    
Second Life: SLCC Sims, for free
Internet: Internet Ustream, for free

Keynote: The Future of Second Life

Speaker: Rod Humble (SL: Rodvik Linden)

Rod Humble is Chief Executive Officer at Linden Lab, and he leads the company’s strategy and the development of Second Life®. Humble’s 20-year career in the game development industry has included work on more than 200 games. He joined Linden Lab from Electronic Arts, where, in his role as Executive Vice President, he led the EA Play label, which includes the best-selling PC game franchise of all time, The Sims. In 2009, he was ranked #2 on the annual list of the Hot 100 Game Developers from gaming publication Edge. Prior to his work at Electronic Arts, Humble served as Vice President of Product Development at Sony Online Entertainment for the massively multiplayer online game (MMOG) EverQuest. You can follow him on Twitter @rodvik.

Other Keynotes & Presentations:

Keynotes
Artistic & Creative Expression
Commerce & Marketing
Developers & Open Source
Public Service & Education
Social Experience & Communities

Um...thanks! I will be there to laugh, cry and be left bewlidered with a question...'what is life..why are we here' and so on...griping stuff lol. NO seriously though, thanks for letting us all know! I frequently go hunting down what changes they are making or what is getting axed or what awsome new stuff is arriving! I find reviews that are sort of vauge or assume I know what happened OR there just isn't much change in the message....so sort of a let down. BUT, there are sometimes stuff hidden there that no one says anything about! So, yeah...thanks for the heads up again....I hope this time I will remember where to find this so I don't go about asking if the meshies have been killed off...which really upset some folks! NOW, we will have to see if the economy is being strangled by bugs...a horrible seen indeed! Of course, I need to work on a good personification of the economy...uh....like "Is LL filled with the muffled screams of our dear economy as bugs eat heart out and they say nothing to us as they slowely sit back and have group drum circle sessions with ZERO care for our economony...the innocent, the pure economy as they drum loudly into the night laughing at our tech support pleadings for helps and shake the servers with loud rap music...DO THEY...HUH!!!" BUT, I am thwarted by a title character limit....so, my art is compromised again...aint easy being a troll sometimes...it just isn't easy. BUT< seriously....why didn't I see mesh mentioned in liek every blog or news bit!!! It was a huge deal for a big part of SL who are very much vocal(or is that textal?) about SL!!! The creators, hobbiests or commercial alike! Wow, my grammer is bad tonight...uh...ok, I think I will give it a rest...my brain that is...the sick threat the poor concepts and ideas are under is horrid though.....LL seem like a butcher at a part of pigs, just waiting to weild thier knives into the flesh of our fun and luaghter and devour it to leave us empty and with a messy desk!!!! Yeah, people have a tendency to neglect thier desks when they are into gaming, businessing and smooching ...I mean, virtually so....in real life they tend to not be so engrossed or starta  fight..something about meat space =s fighting over why the desk is messy...uh, yeah...going..I need to be doing the going thing. Bye! Farewell, don't let them kill the inocent and defenceless file formats and concepts and so on while I am gone!

@Poenaid; Hi! There are two mesh sessions you can watch online, live or, later, recorded. Cheers! : ) Site

The Future of Mesh in Second Life
Speakers Charlie Hite (SL: Charlar Linden) Neal Orman (SL: Nyx Linden)
Charlar Linden and Nyx Linden will present an overview of Mesh import and what it can do for content creation, building, sharing, and selling in Second Life.
WHEN: Saturday, August 13th, 9:30am SLT, One Hour
SLURL: http://slurl.com/secondlife/SLCC%202/134/65/23
USTREAM: http://www.ustream.tv/user/slcc4

Getting your Feet Wet Building in Mesh
Speakers Larry Havenstein (SL: Thadicus Caligari)
This is a newbies introduction on how to use free or OpenSource tools to make Mesh Objects.   Examples of simpler tools and how to get them to work with Second Life's Mesh Importer.
WHEN: Saturday, August 13th, 11:00am SLT, One Hour
SLURL: http://slurl.com/secondlife/SLCC%202/134/65/23
USTREAM: http://www.ustream.tv/user/slcc4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4643 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.