Happy Birthday Lucy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4617 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I think Vitamegavegimun is the absolute funniest.  But my rl family has "it's everybody's birthday" events and it's so roll on the floor funny, we always get to laughing about I Love Lucy shows.

I think "She's a-My Birthday Too" was most likely filmed while Lucy was in Italy; perhaps doing the extremely hilarious grape foot stomping.  Lucille Ball may have actually been away from "little ricky" or "little Desi" in real life when they did this episode.  It shows Lucy extremely sweet and vulnerable side too. 

She was a strong cookie and an ultimate professional at her craft.  She was amazing, but not perfect.  I heard she had her flaws too just like anyone else. 

But, Happy Birthday, Lucille Ball.  Amazing talent. 

Another interesting thing about Lucille Ball is that she didn't buckle under the pressure of society at that time that was basically saying to her "you're a Mother now, you should be home with your children (referring to Lucy and Desi; their real life children), and stop being an actress.

She refused to buckle under the pressure handed to her about that.  She was a pioneer for the early working (celebrity) Mom, and the I Love Lucy is almost the early prototype of what we now call "Reality TV" as the I Love Lucy shows incorporated aspects of her own real life children in them, and the struggle between being a Mom and wanting to be an actress too, as shown in the Vitametavegimin episode, as what Lucy Ricardo really wanted was to be an actress and a Mom too, as did Lucille Ball.  Notice how she changes her name to her maiden name in the Vitametavegimin episode.  Maiden name in that episode could refer to "not being a Mom", therefore it's okay to have a career.   Lucille Ball received tremendous flack at that time for not being just a stay at home Mother. 

There are lots of biographies on her, and her children say she was pretty great Mom, but not perfect.  No one is perfect, but she was a pretty amazing women for the time, and an incredible Comedian for all time. 

Lucille Ball's motto could be described as "don't tell me I can't".  She refused to listen to that, and said instead "Yes, I can, and I'll even show you, too".  And, that she did. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4617 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.