SLum Wars

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4638 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

see, I really must be a horrible person for failing to credit sources...

I meant to say "A mysterious and wise stranger whose name I shall not disclose, lest they too share my misfortune and have their reputation similarly sullied by implications of dastardly disposition and conduct unbecoming...."

Celestiall Nightfire wrote:

Keli Kyrie wrote:

Have you lost or gained friends because of

SLumWars.jpg

I can't find my way back!     I'm lost...  Deleted my emails that had the link...and now can't find the SLum....

Help me, Obi-Wan Keli....you're my only hope.

Use the force young padawan: https://my.secondlife.com/ or just click on that link and log in. :P

Shocked!..  why...I'm just aghast...that anyone would do such a thing! 

*looks over her shoulder nevously*    

Just becsause LL is trying to give shinies to the V2 crowd...and leave the rest of us to fend for our-socially-handicapped-selves...is no reason to grief the Gov's mansion.

*quickly brushes a small bit of tiolet paper from her shoe*

i have not gained any new friends with the new communication system, i have just gained a new form of communication.

it runs better. its incredible how the lindens have optimized it.

i cannot say exactly how old is my computer, i build it myself. so.. every piece was made at a different date.

how can you decide how old is a computer, if one tablet of ram is made one year, another tablet another year, the videocard and the soundcard are different years also, the mouse and keyboard, the monitor, the motherboard, the speakers, all different dates, and there are some pieces that dont even have a date in them, like some cables and some fans.

Don't know how old my computer is, I suffer from CRS (can't remember stuff).  It's more than a couple 2-3 years old though.

I use the latest Phoenix viewer mostly and I've played around with firestorm but for some reason the world is too gray when I use firestorm so I am waiting until they fix that.

My friends list is totally borked for reasons other than slums.  I have not lost or gained anyone over slums but some people can't see me and the eyeball button doesn't work.  I have slowly been refriending everyone to fix this little glitch. It's what they call a "known issue".  I think that means the programmers are clueless as to why it happens and don't know how to correct it.

1.  I have no idea.  I am down to a grand total of two friends plus alts on my list, and those two I converse with almost daily.  But like Kattatonia said in the other thread, 'you can still be friends with a person even if they are not on your list'.

2. I use Phoenix and it usually runs quite well.  I won't use V2 and most likely will never use Firestorm.

3.  Five years old.  But I'm sure I speak for many of us that a computer upgrade is the least important item on a list of a hundred different things if the only reason is to run SL better.  It's like having a good, reliable Toyota that takes you everywhere but upgrading to a Ferrari just to drive to a single taco stand across town, faster.

I don't have any idea about who is on my friends list because I have notifications turned off and never pay attention to the list.

I do not understand anything about SLum except that I turned it off.  I think.

I just got a new iMac (my MacPro was less than 2 yrs old) and this one (finally!) kicks @ss in SL even when I have a bunch of graphics programs open all the time.

Pamela Galli wrote:

I just got a new iMac (my MacPro was less than 2 yrs old) and this one (finally!) kicks @ss in SL even when I have a bunch of graphics programs open all the time.

Hi Pamela!   : )  

You have Lion installed?   If not, go here to see if your purchase date lets you download it for free:  

http://www.apple.com/macosx/uptodate/

Also, if you haven't installed Lion on your older MacPro and plan on keeping it, Lion comes with an unlimited license for all the Macs you own...you can install it on the MacPro too.

Celestiall Nightfire wrote:

Pamela Galli wrote:

Hi Pamela!   : )  

You have Lion installed?   If not, go here to see if your purchase date lets you download it for free:  

Also, if you haven't installed Lion on your older MacPro and plan on keeping it, Lion comes with an unlimited license for all the Macs you own...you can install it on the MacPro too.

Oh cool, did not know I could put it on the MacPro too. I am monitoring the inworld Mac group about Lion and think I will wait a bit until everyone says everything is working fine. Also, I have one small program I use all the time that will not run on it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4638 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.