I have major problem after i reinstalled my windows.

Daral Yven

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4612 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Im sorry for posting this thread here but i didin't find section where to.

I have major problem with second life after i reinstalled my windows and the ISP problem appeared again.

Yesterday when i tried to login it stucked on loading fonts and then i have no media,crash around 30 mins from SL,can't teleport,my groups are invisible,my friends aren't loading.Today it doesn't stuck on loading fonts but still have the same problems like yesterday.After restarting my router SL runs well for few mins after i try to teleport which makes me crash after 2 mins trying to teleport somewhere else or relog,then the same problems with the things i said above appear.

This problem appeared since i've changed my internet providers,long ago i had the same problem after my calls every day and trying to find out what's going on some dude pick up on me i described the problem and he did some image setting which mademy SL works properly.As long as i remember that i was last year,and thursday,4th after reinstalled my windows,it's like this setting disappeared or it's deleted.I called them today and they said they don't handle games and can't help me. SO i tried to handle the problem by myself.

Opened all ports that i found in wikipedia that used to cause firewall problems,turned off my firewall and it doesn't help,deleted cache it doesn't help,restarted the router it doesn't help also.Im out of ideas what to do,my ISP can't help me neither can i for myself.Yesterday late in the night for around 3 hours,SL was working ok.I even reloged few times in 1 hour so see if the problem appears and it doesn't.Today morning this problem appeared again and im asking what it causes it. 

So i really hope someone here knows what's going on with this issue i have it since i changed my internet last june. 

Daral Yven wrote:

omg it's the same problem as u gave the link up i have the same problem and i don't understand what you mean by my clock isn't right ?it shows my time correct. if u have skype please let me know seems u know information about it
:(

Please verify that the time AND the date are correct by clicking on the clock in the system tray.

Hey Daral and Hitomi :)

Yes, this bug can be triggered if the time and date are not set correctly in your computer. Unfortunately there are other (unknown) causes too.

In the past, reports of this bug were all closed as "contact support". Of course that didn't help much with tracking the bug. I had to lobby quite a bit to keep SVC-4169 open. You can see by the number of linked issues that it was much more common in the past.
I guess this tells us that something must have improved on LL's servers, but this frustrating bug still exists. It can haunt you for weeks, and suddenly disappear ...

At least now you can say "I suffer from SVC-4169" when you file a support ticket. Whether support can actually do something remains to be seen.
You could also leave a comment on SVC-4169. Even if you don't have new information to add, it's a message that the bug is still around.

Well, I'm sorry I don't have a real solution for you. But as other people commented on SVC-4169: "I suppose it is a slight comfort to know others have the same issue"

:)

that makesmore sense actually.wheni reinstalled my windows SL was runing till tonight.i should of changed something so it stopped. im running my own theme i tihnk based of the default just changed colour.i changed themes that doesn't make any difference.if you have time oyu can come in my computer by team viewer and see what's going on actually.

Any of the themes that make use of the "aero" style do absorb quite a bit of resources on the video hardware; if you start your theme with the "Windows Classic" style and work from there, you'll find it's less resource intensive and probably more reliable in SL.

OMg.... i did that it was running ok for few mins until my net stopped and then everything was the same like before and im runing the classic theme and it started to stuck on loading fonts again Though with classic theme it runs well more often for few mins but still needs something more ... :/

• 4 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4612 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.