Removing Spy Orb.

Linda Haber

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4589 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a mainland plot, I recently found a spy orb on it. It is called Physi-float. It is invisible unless you look up though it and the sky is a different colour. It contains scripts. It does not show in the land's list of prims, nor can I delete it or move it.

I and my friends who use the land have ARd it a number of times, the earliest being 36 hours ago , but LL have  not done anything about removing it.

Is there anything more I can do ?

Try live chat again - if you tried them on a weekday during US hours, try a weekend on European hours. And vice versa. Cover your fair base of shifts - because that first response you got is best described as 'lazy'.

The governance team is the proper response for something on somebody -else's- land that is a problem. But if there are ghost prims on -your- land, live chat is supposed to do something...

Start by asking for a server restart for your sim. They used to be able to do those. Once that fails to clear the problem (it will almost certainly fail unless you win the ghost-prim lottery), then they'll send someone to look, or should.

First of all, nothing about the description in any way suggests this is a spy orb.

Second, it can be very tricky determining whether an object is actually centered over one parcel rather than a neighboring one, so one would need to be sure it's a single prim, not linked from a root prim on another parcel.

The reason that matters so much is that it is currently (and very foolishly) impossible to return objects that merely encroach on a Mainland parcel.  Estates have had this ability for months, but there's nobody at LL willing to make Mainland-wide decisions any more.

I suppose it's possible that this is something like those "immortal" objects that turned up a few months ago for a while, that couldn't be deleted without the sim being restarted.  (That was a while back, though, and I'd assumed it was fixed, not having heard of it lately.)

Thank you for the reply, I have tried Live Chat again who refused to take any action. They actually closed the chat window on me. I have raised this on a further Ticket. 

It is now 72 hours since I raised the issue and 48 since I opened the ticket. It looks like LL support is on holiday. 

With the help of a very kind person in SL, the issue is resolved - it was not a spy orb it just looked like one the scripts it contained implied that it was. Aparently it is the result of some freebe weapon system. The reult is that the person who created it in now on the banned list for the land. 

Linda

Thank you for the reply. It wasn't a spy orb, the scripts in it just implied it was. The 'orb' was over my land and didn't seem to a prim apart from it having contents and it changing the appearance of the sky when it was viewed though the orb. 

Linda

• 4 weeks later...

Live chat is about as useful these days as those 'Peggy' commercials on US TV right now right some hairy 'European' guy answers the support call... (and there BTW is an example of trying to escape one racist stereotype by creating another... Everyone in the US knows its a vieled concealing of tech support in India - but instead using an anti-white reference. Their ad dept doesn't get it that racism doesn't get any better if you switch targets...)

Eh.... siderant aside...

Live Chat is sadly useless.

They don't use SL, likely don't even have SL accounts, and have no power to affect SL.

They can do region restarts. Or used to be able to, but that's it it seems.

But if they closed the chat window on you... if you remember who was in the live chat. File an AR naming governer linden and name that live chat person in it. That's an odd way to do it, but they don't seem to have a manager phone number or other contact us method anymore, and someone should know about this employee.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4589 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.