no matter which viewer I use...it stops working after some days!

Abbbyy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4641 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I started playing sl about a month back. In love with the game... First i was using second life viewer 2 , it worked like for 5-6 days fine after that it strted showing connecting to server eror and never opened....

i switched to firestorm..it worked fine for few days but after that while opening after initialising VFS ..nothing happened.

I have done all clearing my cache , deleting and reintsalling it

I ve also used phoenix , kirstens , imprudence ....i have just used them for a day but as soon as the avavatar goes somewhere , it gives me a warnig to leave...howeevr i am sure..this will also stop working after some time.

My pc configurations are , 1GB ram ,pentium (R) 4 CPU 3.04 Ghz , windows xp service pack 3..

Please somebody resolve the problem.I really wann to be contuniue to be a part of SL

7 answers to this question

I used too have exactly the same problem, but the best thing is too just let it load, if you do this a few times it tends to speed up after 3 times or so, it's not your viewer thats the problem though, its something with the computer....but thats if there even is a problem, usually the application looks frozen so just let it load :)

Lola Lapointe XOXOXO

• Like 1

I'd seriously recommend buying another 1 GB of RAM for your computer, or reducing your cache values from the normal defaults to about half what they are now.. 3D graphics are very memory-intensive, and Second Life is quite a memory hog. Most people find that having more RAM can help performance a lot.

Also, what video card do you have? It takes a pretty powerful card to run SL right, and if you have one that has to use "shared video memory", meaning it uses normal RAM for a lot of the video purposes and not dedicated on-card video ram, then the memory upgrade could be even more necessary, and/or you might need a better video card.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4641 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.