Designing complete avis with freebie stuff?

carissabelle

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4643 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a question... May i design a freebie "complete avatar" with freebie skin/clothes by different makers? I am only making the shape by myself.

Example: Theres a freebie skin out, and it says on the box "Created by ....." Can i freely use this skin for my own creations? Or do i have to atleast mention the maker's name?

The reason why i ask is because:

Many freebie skins and clothes are full perm, and i am only using the ones that i get at newbie places (like NCI)

Some designers seem to have left SL, or atleast they never respond...

I think i better ask before i just go ahead and put their stuff together...

And since their stuff is free, i want to give them away for free too. :-)

You'd better get in touch with each of the creators to discuss the perms and find an agreement. Although you don't want to resell their items, make sure they are OK about you giving them away even for free.

And yes, I would mention the creator's names although it might not be an obligation. Discuss this with them too.

• Like 1

The problem with some full perm freebies found at "freebie" shops is that it is hard to know for sure if they are items that were not copybotted, so.... the creator name you see on them may not in fact be the original creator.  You also wont have as much flexibility as far as modifications if you only have the inworld freebie skin texture as you would if you had the psd files. 

My recommendation would be to use those that were released to the public.  I cant remember the name fo the creator, maybe you guys can help me out here.  (something eliot?).  She provided a great set of psd files that you can easily modify as you like.  There are also psd files offered for clothing that are public domain that you might use to create and modify your system clothing.

It is always nice to mention the original creator when possible and mention that you have created a derivative of their work , although it is not mandatory as far as I know.

Do be aware though of the iicense of that particular creator.  While they may be "free" and full perms or public domain, many do have requirements. For instance some prohibit you making profits on usage of their designs or derivatives of their original works.

• Like 1

You could always put in a style card with landmarks to get the accessories where you found them.

Many full perm freebie things were originally stolen before being made full perm and passed around.

You're getting accessories at NCI? Those are probably okay, but they are also ancient.

When you say "design" do you mean package it all in a box to sell?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4643 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.