graphics initialization failed (HELP PLEASE)

Zabrak999

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4641 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I think this is a problem with only the newest SL update. It may resolve for you if you go to the SL downloads page & download an earlier version of the viewer.... or just await it out, I know a lot of people are affected, so they may just have another update out soon to fix this.

If you haven't tried clean reinstall yet, it wouldn't hurt to try it.

http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/doku.php?id=clean_reinstall

Make sure to reinstall an earlier version that worked fine for you and if you could successfully launch the viewer, on the login screen go to Me >> preferences >> setup >> softwear updates >> choose "download and install updates manually".

If that still doesn't work, I'd try another viewer for the moment. http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Third_Party_Viewer_Directory

The last troubleless version browser I am able to use on an older machine is  V2-6-9-231165. Any newer version will give me a Non SSE2 supported CPU error.

Hoping they do not depreciate that version like they did with 1-235 so older machines can still log on using the V2 SL Viewer.

• 7 months later...
  • 11 months later...

HashPipe Uggla wrote:

The last troubleless version browser I am able to use on an older machine is  V2-6-9-231165. Any newer version will give me a Non SSE2 supported CPU error.

Hoping they do not depreciate that version like they did with 1-235 so older machines can still log on using the V2 SL Viewer.

That "Non SSE2 supported Error" simply indicates that your CPU is too old to run  the current viewers, as these viewers tequire teh use of a SSE2 capable main processore. With the introduction of Server Side Baking ( which should come  rather soon), you won't be able to use your  old viewers anymore.

SSE2 is a standard that was introduced first in 2001 so I fear it's rime to upgrade your Hardware.

J

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4641 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.