100 of attack vehicles launched by major griefer backed by linden after promise of no more

PurePride

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4614 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The vehicles are back, they now contain over ten scripts, Tanks cars turcks and buses attack users, drain resources, and are totally useless. With the poorly designed sim crossing if an AV were to get in one they would surely crash. This lady is griefing people that AR'd amd Linden rep TP here to the person that AR her in a unspeakable breach of promise in TOS saying they would never. Yet they did, they let her grief, finally something was done last year but the female that thinks her and her mole group own the roads and your land is back griefing full force and the Alias Linden that made said promise either dopes not exist, changed alias, or is hiding and if a company uses alias for business and makes deals I understand they are not supposed to just vanish. Linden has pets, This garbage lagging sims attacking people because they have no clue that they have sim crossings on top of each other and it would never work with an av sitting inside. They dropped Linden Railroad for this reason. She has a group with moles in it and that is clearly conflict of interest. And Linden yet again broke a promise. When one man had fruit that you could ride down the road and caused little lag with one script. Linden quickly snatched up the rezzor and said it was a no brainer. But this lady is allowed to attack, they TP her to you if you AR her, and together they chew your ass. And when one linden finally fines them and pays Linden Goodwill, he disappers and she launches tanks and more that now are trained to attack you and nothing is done. Say what you wish Linden you have already admitted that SL is a backstabbing liar site to two attorney generals while spewing lies via the US Postal service. Look it up, RICO

LMAO, where did you see "100 vehicles"?  I understand there is a "Cloning" bug that occasionally will replicate 20 or 30 duplicates but most of them rapidly dissipate.  That is an SL bug, hardly AnnMarie's fault.

How are they griefing you?  My experience is AnnMarie responds promptly to problems and makes corrections if they are running off the road.  But griefing implies intent and she obviously has no intent to grief.  Occasional accidents due to lag and communications problems are part of everyday life in SL.

Lindens did not promise to remove them. "Vehicles are back"?? They never left.

"Attacking People"?  If you block public access and "play on the freeway" you should keep an eye open for traffic.

"Contain over 10 scripts."  So what,  Avatar clothes can contain 10 times that number but the mono script loading problem has been corrected.  "Drain Resources"? They cause negligible load, I've watched a nearly empty sim with time dilation at 99.9.  The vehile enterd and time dilation dropped to 99.2 for one or two seconds and then went back to 99.9.

"Totally Useless".  At last report she said there had been over 75,000 passengers since January.  The average number of rides is about 2 with hundreds riding multiple times.  What a great introduction to the magnitude of SL for noobies.

She gets AR violations and gets suspended like all residents but just because she is off line, the vehicles are able to continue, they are not suspended.  In fact problems cannot be corrected until the suspension is over.  To violate the TOS you have to show the violation was intentional, not the result of accidental lag or bugs.  Intentional griefing would have to be a case of repeating violations after being warned or suspended.

She told me that she has had 3 suspensions and warnings for encroachment but they serve no useful purpose.  She says that there is not much she can do if the land owner doesn't contact here becuse the Lindens won't reveal the location.  All she can do is access the data base of crashes and check repetitive trouble spots for problems.

I've known AnnMarie for 2 years and I believe her contribution and dedication to be just what the roads were meant for.

Love these vehicles.  They add character, and have helped in my exploration endeavors.  I thought they were Linden's, not privately owned.  Sometimes they bump me if I'm standing in the road taking pictures, but I just wait for them to move along, because, after all, I'M STANDING IN THE ROAD.  What the heck did I THINK was gonna happen?  A script would say oh my, I detect an avatar within 100 yards, I'd better stop, launch the robot-clown marching band out of the back compartment to play a Muzak version of Patsy Kline's "I'm Sorry", while the Dr. Seuss-style mechanical arms come out of the front and massage my avatar's feet?!?!?!?

Now watch that will become the hottest selling new item on the SL Marketplace.  I better get my cut for comming up with the idea.

Anyhow, I had no idea the tanks shoot at you.  How do you get them to do that?  It sounds like fun.  Of course, that's because I'm not one of these pansies who cries to mommy everytime he sees an avatar with a gun attached -- I plan to shoot back!  :manwink:  Gotta put that grenade launcher to good use.  God, I love a place where I can exercise my Second Ammendment rights for a change...

• 4 weeks later...

These vehicles are more of a pain than serving any productive use. They crash a lot, they make it hard for actual roadusers and they seem to come by at a rate of one every ten seconds.

I wouldnt mind it if they were occasional, but it is coming to the point where there are just so many of them that its a bit daft. As to the fact that they are often nasty looking, freebie style vehicles, that doesnt help their cause.

Tanks? Why are tanks grinding around on the roads anyway. Motorbikes and trucks ok, but tanks is just bizarre.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4614 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.