I don't know how to download the game

Zecron

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4619 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I downloaded the viewer. But when I click to open and play (I've never played before)

when it goes to "detecting hardware" it crashes. i've tried around 20 times over the course of that day.

I tried redownloading.. restarting the computer.

I have vista. not sure if I downloaded the right thing.. it's the only thing I saw to download.

Perhaps your computer doesnt meet the minimun system requirements...

Windows Minimum Requirements Recommended
Internet Connection*: Cable or DSL Cable or DSL
Operating System: XP, Vista, or Windows 7 (32-bit only) XP, Vista, or Windows 7 (32-bit only)
Computer Processor: 800 MHz Pentium III or Athlon, or better 1.5 GHz (XP), 2-GHz (Vista) 32-bit (x86) or better
Computer Memory: 512 MB or more 1 GB or more
Screen Resolution: 1024x768 pixels 1024x768 pixels or higher
Graphics Card for XP**:
  • NVIDIA GeForce 6600 or better
  • OR ATI Radeon 8500, 9250 or better
  • OR Intel 945 chipset
NVIDIA Graphics cards
9000 Series:
  • 9600, 9800
200 Series:
  • 275 GTX, 295 GTX
ATI Graphics Cards
4000 Series:
  • 4850, 4870, 4890
5000 Series:
  • 5850, 5870, 5970
Graphics Card for Vista
or Windows 7 (32-bit only)
(requires latest drivers)**:
  • NVIDIA GeForce 6600 or better
  • OR ATI Radeon 9500 or better
  • OR Intel 945 chipset
NVIDIA Graphics cards
9000 Series:
  • 9600, 9800
200 Series:
  • 275 GTX, 295 GTX
ATI Graphics Cards
4000 Series:
  • 4850, 4870, 4890
5000 Series:
  • 5850, 5870, 5970

Perhaps downloading a viewer called Firestorm may ease these problems.

Its similar to V2 made by LL and it works just as good.

Submit a ticket at the Linden Lab support desk, then maybe try a different viewer.

Here are some below from the Wiki:

Life. You may find that your individual experience differs from this ordering.

Viewer Description Platforms
 Second Life Release 1.23 (would be here based on crash rate)
TPV-Phoenix-Icon.png Phoenix Phoenix Viewer is a Third Party Viewer based from the LL Snowglobe 1.5 code base, created by The Phoenix Viewer Project Inc (non-profit) Devleopment Team. Large feature set and dedicated Support team available 24/7 to help our users with any issue. WindowsMacOSLinux

TPV-Kirstens-Icon.png Kirstens A hybrid viewer based on a mixture of snowstorm and other official sources aimed specifically at high end users, film makers and photography. WindowsMacOSLinux

Second Life Release 2.8.0 (would be here based on crash rate)
TPV-Imprudence-Icon.png Imprudence The goal of Imprudence is to improve the user interface and usability of the viewer through community involvement, thoughtful design, modern development methods, and a pro-change atmosphere. WindowsMacOSLinux

TPV-Firestorm-Icon.png Firestorm The next generation viewer from The Phoenix Viewer Project, Firestorm is based on the V2 LGPL code with many interface changes and feature additions. This is a Beta version. WindowsMacOSLinux

TPV-Emergence-Icon.png Emergence Emergence viewer is ran by a single developer and is part of an effort to provide users with a safe alternative viewer. Emergence is currently a near clone to Phoenix, as they share this goal, and it is advised to use it instead for higher support. Windows

TPV-Singularity-Icon.png Singularity A viewer based on Ascent upgrading it under the hood for higher stability and performance, as well as compatibility with newer Second Life features such as Display Names. Also adds RLVa support. WindowsMacOSLinux

Second Life Beta 2.8.1 (would be here based on crash rate)
 Ascent Ascent provides expanded control for content creators and developers and improves upon basics such as client detection, parcel management, and asset browsing.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4619 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.