Why do I keep crashing?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4648 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

What viewer do you have and do you have Windows or not? 

If you have Windows XP, or anything below Windows 7, you can try the troubleshooting in this thread.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Second-Life-Viewer/Are-You-Crashing-A-Lot-Try-This/td-p/1014983

If you don't have Windows, you need to let people know which viewer and a little about your OS, but at least start with Windows.

Oh yeah I downloaded the latest update from LL V2 and I had to stop using it because I had greyed out blobs, and I said in local chat "I think mesh is here"  lol.  Of course, not really knowing if mesh is here or not, but it seemed that way. 

See link I posted above and try that.  Once I did a disk cleanup both XP and Viewer 2 were so much better.  We had a cross over post, so the link is above the one I'm answering too here if that makes sense.  It has the pathway to find your disk cleanup in XP, and your system defragmenter, although this may not be the problem, but it never hurts to run your disk cleanup.  Defragmenting takes long and you have to do that pretty much overnight.  But disk cleanup takes from what I remember not much more than a half an hour.  However, this is mesh month, and we all could encounter some strange things.  I know I have over the past two days, even before the latest update for V2.   However, the update was there yesterday when things started going screwy, but I updated V2 today, and it was no better, so I switched to Firestorm today, and it was better, even though another user on Firestorm said she was having a weird time with her friends list showing people were online when they weren't.  I was in IM's for a long time today so I didn't notice the friend online or not thing, but otherwise Firestorm worked great today. 

maydance1_001 copy.pngmaydance1_002 copy.pngIt could be, it could be not.

I'll post some pics in this thread, to help determine if mesh is here or not because it kind of looked like mesh or mess to me, and the avatars just would not rez at all over the past two days until I switched to Firestorm today, which was great!  I saw all the avatars today on Firestorm.  Does any of this look like mesh, or not?   I took the photos thinking I was seeing mesh problems for the first time.  The avatars remained that way for two hours; that's not normal, let alone taking into account, Firestorm rezzed all the avatars today. 

Looks better!  You might want to run your disk cleanup in XP.  How often do you run your disk cleanup?  Once I ran disk cleanup, SL ran so much better I couldn't believe it!  It cleared up a lot of problems for me, except for the past two days where I was thinking MESS IS HERE or something?  I've NEVER had avatars rezz like they rezzed in the photos above and stay that way for hours! 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4648 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.