Fireflies - I have teh dumb.

Silver Phoenix

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4647 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I have spent a good portion of my day both looking on SLX for a full perm firefly script that's not junk, and trying to mod existing scripts to look good, and while I can come close, I can't get exactly what I need. Closest I have gotten is the snow script from the lab, however it goes down instead of up and I can't seem to change the range without also changing the height.

My brain is melting. Any help or even pointing me in the direction of a more in depth explanation or whatever would be great. (I've already went through the lab pretty thoroughly and also camped the LSL wiki.) I understand the how, but otherwise, I just don't get it minus for inputting in random numbers and experimenting with my breath held for the best/worst results.

I am wondering if you read my post at all?

"Closest I have gotten is the snow script from the lab"

"I've already went through the lab pretty thoroughly"

Thanks though. I've been through the lab pretty thoroughly, and I have a close script, as I had earlier said, just not getting how to make the particles float up instead of down and how to expand their range without making them move further apart from the base prim.

"the lab" is rather obscure considering Linden Lab is the parent company for SL...

if the Particle Laboratory wasn't helpful to learning how the parameters work together, then I'm not sure where else to send you... it's pretty much the ultimate resource for learning particle effects

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4647 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.