Game is lagging cannot fix it help !!>

Colin Cortunix

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4642 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Game lagg alot cannot fix it please help. i will be able to move fine for around 3 minutes then it will lagg, i cannot move or do anything i can simply look around in a circle, if i was moving while the lagg comes i would start walking into the air and stuff or fall through the map. i have tryed different graphic options cannot fix this and cant find a suitable way to contact support, any help appreciated thanks alot

have tryed a new viewer, hasnt helped at all problem still presists. anythign else i can try? and yes i have changed regions no difference, taken of clothes changed graphics tryed new viewer cannot do anything.

computer should run fine, the optiaml settings automatically put it on high, i run wireless but it should be ok i can run wow and many other games on high settings and somtimes ultra.

thanks for the replies so far, i have wireless as said before but i cannot use a cable my phone line is downstairs with the router and my computer is upstairs so cannot use an ethernet cable

3 answers to this question

Check both your system, graphic card specifications (see if it needs an updated driver) and Internet connection.  If you use wireless, use a regular cable instead. Also, check your cable. As I was mentioning somewhere a few days ago, I was having the same issues as you and it appeared that my cat had chewed the cable! :smileyvery-happy:

http://secondlife.com/support/system-requirements/

If none of this gives results, follow Ansariel's advice and try a TPV.

WoW and other games don't use as much bandwidth and aren't as touchy about a stable connection as SL is.  It's very possibly a problem with your wireless connection.  Wireless gives a lot of people trouble in SL because it is vulnerable to interference from cell phones, garage door openers, and all sorts of other things.  If you can't use a cable connection, you may be stuck with occasional bad lag.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4642 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.