I can't upload mesh :(

Summer Renobaum

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4145 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Same problem as everyone else here.

I have...

1. The latest mesh viewer.

2. Filled out the credit card info. (Many times.)

3. Passed the quiz.

It'll work one moment and the next hour it will stop calculating and won't even give me the option to upload.

I've tried this with the same exact mesh model I've uploaded earlier to test it out so I know it's not my collada file itself.

It's driving me nuts. Please help!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mhyja, what you're describing is a different problem from what the other particiants in this thread described.  If you read their posts, you'll see they each talk about the system telling them they need to take the quiz, after they'd already taken it.  What you're describing is not that at all.

You said it does work for you sometimes, but gets stuck at the calculating phase at other times.  This is a common glitch.  What viewer are you using?  Some people have reported that they have this trouble with Firestorm, but not with the standard LL viewer.  I myself have the problem when I use Firestorm with OpenSim.  (I haven't tested with Firestorm in SL, since I always use the LL viewer in SL.)

You also mentioned that when you try to re-upload a model you've already uploaded, you have trouble.  Have you tried deleting the .slm file?  The viewer creates this file when you upload a model, and puts it in the same folder where you have the .dae file saved.  It contains the settings information from the upload dialog.  It can sometimes be problematic if you try to upload when the .slm file already exists. 

Also, have you checked for packet loss, and other general network connectivity issues?  What's your ping to the sim?  If it's more than 100ms or so, that can cause problems.

What type of connection are you on?  Wireless connections can sometimes be problematic.  If you're running wireless, try plugging directly into your router, and see if that makes a difference.

If it's not any of those things, then I'd suggest you contact LL tech support.

Mhyja Questi wrote:

Same problem as everyone else here.

I have...

1. The latest mesh viewer.

2. Filled out the credit card info. (Many times.)

3. Passed the quiz.

It'll work one moment and the next hour it will stop calculating and won't even give me the option to upload.

I've tried this with the same exact mesh model I've uploaded earlier to test it out so I know it's not my collada file itself.

It's driving me nuts. Please help!

Maybe you hit this bug:

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SH-3055

In the comments section, near the bottom, Runitai Linden posted a link to a viewer with a fix for that particular bug.

Err. for some reason the link doesen't work. However, this is the link to the fixed viewer.

http://automated-builds-secondlife-com.s3.amazonaws.com/hg/repo/simon-ll-viewer-cat/rev/266471/index.html

• 4 weeks later...

i seem to be having this problem currently i am trying to upload mesh into secondlife with the latest SL viewer litterally just downloaded it yet and i have uploaded mesh before i called in earlier to LL and nothing was solved said i would be contacted by email between the time me and him talked and 6 hours later...it was 6 hours later 5 hours ago...i am very patiant but this is a hudge inconvieance...can you do the work around for me please

PS. i have payment information on file and have done the questions incase you missed where i have uploaded mesh into SL before

Much thanks

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4145 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.