verified paypal account Not working with secondlife please help!

answer Toxx

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4593 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Please feel free to place this in the right place as I’ve looked for a place for this post to go and well I couldn’t.

Basically what it comes down to is, I had a main account and then I made alt… I closed my main account as I didn’t wish to play her anymore. That’s all fine and dandy. But my b/fs paypal account was on her and worked perfectly fine… So I deleted my main and wanted to switch the paypal account over to my alt and make her my main… Thing is its now saying that his account is unverified when in fact it is! We use the paypal to pay for our business online.. I rang sl payment team and they made me wait and told me its paypals issue and to ring them… But it isn’t as I’ve had no issue with this before until I tried to put my b/fs paypal account on this avatar… makes me wish I never closed my main now can some one give me some help with this please?

Its defiantly NOT a paypal problem. Its something else. I’m now thinking maybe I should see if I can get sl to reactivate my old main to see if I can maybe cancel my b/fs paypal there or ring them again and get them to cancel it so I can try with this account again I don’t know.

The PayPal integration has been an issue for me for many years.  I can take money out no problem but I've never been able to use it to buy Lindens so, I use my credit card to buy.

I've spoken to PayPal many times over this and I too, work for another online credit card billing company so, I know the drill well.  PayPal told me it was not them but it had to do with how LL set up their merchant system.

Yes this problem apparently has existed for at least 5 years as I had to go through it when I entered sl 5 years ago.  Fortunately at that time I was able to find a linden to help, after bouncing around billing getting no help for month.  The soluteion he gave was to set it up with a credit or debit card, and that worked fine.  I am amazed that this problem is still going on and marvel at a company that cannot find a way t take money from customers who are offering it to them.

Well, I've had this same problem and I have a solution. For me the problem was the information not coming through at the other end. The issue was Internet-explorer en Firefox.

I took the advice of Linden Lab's Support Conny, God bless her cotton socks, and tried Opera.
My verified Paypal account is now accepted, huzzah!

So maybe other people will find this a solution as well. Try either Opera or maybe Chrome as webbrowser.

• 1 month later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4593 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.