Search an object inside a shop

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4641 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

That's true, I keep forgetting that! :D

But the HUD i was linking to has a great adventage - you can type in partial name and you don't need the start either. You can type in a part in the middle. It can be useful, I was in a store where all objects were named almost the same as the hunt objects.

It takes some time in sims with lots and lots of rezzed objects, so I only use this in "impossible" hunts. If it has hints and clues, I hunt the old fashioned way.

Easier than a HUD is getting the "world" page from web search and using text search in the browser.  If it's on the parcel and set List in Search, it will be on that page, with a handy "Go" button to TP directly to it (or, at least put up a beacon, if the store breaks teleports with a forced landing point).

Here's an example of how that page works.  (Note: I know nothing at all about this particular store; I just picked it at random from a search for "outfit".)

Supposedly we'll eventually get this ability back into the viewer's Search function, for which it was originally developed.  It's a real shame that we don't have it now, given that the whole grid gets crawled constantly, populating those pages as a side-effect of getting relevant search results.

[ETA: Obviously, however, this won't help cheat at hunts because the hunt token is never set to show in search.  I have much more efficient ways to cheat anyway--but  "that would be wrong."  :matte-motes-whistle:]

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4641 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.