Old viewers becoming obsolete

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4316 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

What "more" button?  I see one button that starts ALL media and one button that will stop audio streaming but leave all other media playing.  I saw a store one time that had almost a dozen different prims playing shared media, all at once, plus an audio media stream, all started by that one "play" button.  Never went back and didn't spend any L$ there.

HotRodJohnny Gears wrote:

What "more" button?

Why do you need to know where is? Shared Media are useless for you, right?

Anyway, a "More" button is present in Viewer 2 media controls. By clicking it, people enable or disable each single media stream.

There's also a way to filter media streams on the same parcel you're in, streams outside that parcel, streams on other avatars.

Ignoring how to use an up-to-date software, spreading old and out-of-date information about it, and suggesting other people to use an even older software? This hurts Second Life.

Things like this have already hurted badly Second Life.

:matte-motes-not-even:

That's just it - in VWR 1 it only took ONE MOUSE CLICK to play only the parcel audio stream and no other media streams.  In VWR 2 it takes several mouse clicks in addition to the mouse hover to accomplish the same thing.  One vs. several-a step forward?

Takes just two clicks, after a mouseover. And to be honest, that's the way a lot of software is going. Update your web browsers, recently? Or use basic Windows programs in Windows 7? They've all been doing that, to maximize screen space.

Of course... At LL, they just do it kind of wrong.

That's just it - in VWR 1 it only took ONE MOUSE CLICK

But...VWR 1 supported a much more limited range of streams! No surprise the controls could be simpler.

I'm obviously not forcing you to try Shared Media - but if you did, you probably already knew this. You can have much more different streams with Shared Media, so you need more complex controls.

Could the interface elements for controlling media in VWR 2 be improved? yes they could.

Those who have constructive ideas about how to do it, but don't know how to submit them to Linden Lab, can contact me and I'll give my help with JIRA.

For those spreading false or out-of-date information, or suggesting other osers to use obsolete, feature-lacking clients that hold back Second Life innovation - I'll only have snarky replies.

• 10 months later...

So why can't they keep the old viewer format and update it so it can run smoothly inworld?

Why can't this be done because it is so efficient and user friendly, that would be the ultimate idea in my mind.

The newer viewers have had everything moved and have become so hard to use when building and even decorating.

i say update the old and out with all the new viewers.  Oh and pheonix sucks, kicks you off a dozen times.  hate it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4316 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.