Why does my secondlife crash every time i try to log on?

Lambosan Winterwolf

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4648 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

1 answer to this question

It may not be your fault, although don't be fooled into thinking that you can get SL to work just because you can play some "big games" on your computer.  SL demands a lot more bandwidth and is much more sensitive to unstable Internet connections than most programs you are used to.

Still, there have been several problems with the most recent version of LL's viewer, which is probably the one you downloaded and installed.  We have seen an surprising increase in the number of crash logger errors recently.  I suggest that you manually remove all traces of the viewer that you installed and then download and install a completely different one.   Several very good, stable third party viewers are approved for use in SL.  You'll find two of the ones that I prefer myself (Firestorm and Phoenix) at http://www.phoenixviewer.com .  You may always choose to use another viewer (or switch among several) when you get used to being in SL, but the most important thing now is to get you started.  This may be the best way.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4648 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.