So with all the problems with my avatar

MariahWhispers

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4640 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I lost my gorgeous hair that I had and cannot find it again.  So, last night along comes a member and gives me all kinds of hair and then tells me I am her "go to person" for hair and fashion.  The funny part of this is that I was in a changing room and could not see her but could see her name.  I thought if you were in a dressing room you were in there by yourself.  I know I accidentally tried to open a door there that was closed and it told me the room was occupied.

Now I have all this hair and wondering if when I wear it if something weird is going to happen.  

You can see name tags thru walls and things but not an avatar. But, just because you can see a nametag does not mean they can see you.  Not to my knowledge, anyhow?  I've only seen this nametag bleeding thru when I was in my last rental house and we had a griefer trying to wreck all the sims, but the user was NOT in my house. 

As far as the hair, do you remember anything about the name?  If you do, just type in your inventory search box a keyword you might remember and that should pull up the folder you are looking for.  You can also type in the word hair in your inventory search box, and that should bring up all the hair in your inventory.  Don't forget to put your hairbase on. 

As far as receiving a free box of hair, well there are free boxes of hair on Marketplace.  I got one, but haven't had any chance to play with it. 

As to whether you are afraid if it has a virus or not, they pretty much warn newbies not to accept anything as a rather general rule.

Try finding the hair you love first and then decide what to do with the free hair gift. 

If you're not sure, then delete it, and then empty trash can.  If you want free hair there are some on Marketplace.  Or at least there was when I got a box of free hair.

The first thing you want to do is to find the hair you love, so to do that type in the word hair in your inventory search box, and that will pull up all the hair you have in your inventory.

Also, since you are saying this is a lot of hair, I highly doubt you'd need that much, and you probably could find free hair on Marketplace if you decided later you wanted some. 

ETA:  Also, you are not allowed to put a user name.  Delete the user name from your post, and just delete the hair from your inventory since you are unsure about this gift.   The only time you want to remember a username in this instance is to file an abuse report if indeed you did get griefed.  In my case, I had to alert the landlord with the name, not the forum.  If the person keeps bugging you, you might want to tell them you are not interested in free hair right now and that way they will probably stop bothering you.  As again, there is free hair on Marketplace if you decide later you might want some. 

It was a good advice to delete that. The person who gave you the hair might just be helpful, but it is a large pack of stolen hair that's passed around to new people. Best to get rid of it.

It is also smart to search for "hair" but sometimes the creator does not name their hair "hair". So what shall you search for? If you bought the hair for less than 30 days ago, you can find it in your transaction history. Go to "Community" on top of your screen, then Classifieds, Account and then Transaction history. Now you can search by date under date range (back 1 week maybe?) and then "View". You should get up a list. I can use an example. I bought a pose pack where the word "pose" wasn't used in the name. It looked like this:

Destination: Elysium Eilde
Payment 
Region: Journey 
Description: *elymode* on your belly & daydreaming at night MM pack 

Now I know the name, that is what it says behind "Description" and I can search for that name or part of it.

Were those my changing rooms?

Let me know who it was, if you would. (ETA by PM or IM, not here.) That is sooo against my rules for someone to pass out stolen stuff. (Or, to try to 'work' another guest, if that's what was going on.) This is why one of the note cards you will receive if you clicked the rules sign is an information card about scams.

The doors were borked last week for half a day or so (very unusual), but are now working fine. (Although, if you meant the door didn't open due to someone being inside already, yes, that's normal there. The locks recognize the person inside as primary.)

Sometimes the hover text of things including people's name or group tag floats through the wall if they pass by close enough. But they should not be able to stand inside. They will be spat out unceremoniously if they do. That's about as private as rooms can currently get.

I made some recommendations for legal free hair for you in the hair thread  you began. So did some other people. There's tons of legal freebies on the grid. Never trust what someone gives you out of their inventory. They may be well meaning but it's likely to be stolen. (They may or may not know this.) 

Yes, that's true Marrianne about things being named something they really aren't.  That's why I suggested she do a keyword search first and if she remembered anything about the name of her favorite hair. 

However, I just did a search in my inventory and all hair folders mostly had the word hair; a few did not, but it brought up the folders and the names of the other hair because either the landmark or the notecard had the word hair. 

To the OP:  You should be able to locate most of your hair folders by typing in the word hair, and you find a lot of free hair in there you never knew you had already, as those are default freebies we all get. 

Also to the OP:  You can find other default freebies in your inventory that we all get by typing in the word eyes for example.  There are a lot of default freebie eyes in your inventory also. 

Once you located the hair you love, in order to not lose it again, right click on the folder name, and an option window should appear.  Once the option window opens when you right click on a folder, chose RENAME, and then rename your folder into something you can remember, such as MY FAVORITE HAIR, or HAIR, MY FAVORITE, Black, for some examples.  Renaming your folders helps keep you from losing track of your stuff.  It's best to rename your folders in a way that YOU think and know you will remember them. 

Malita I messaged you with what I recall, I know the packets of hair were named like "Hair 1"., Hair 2" and so on.  There were many as it took ma over an hour to delete all of it.  I game you part of the name via PM.

Oh and I did find my gorgeous hair that I had purchased.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4640 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.