Trouble Viewing Profiles

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4576 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I posted this over in the Technical section not knowing for sure where to post it, so sorry for the double.   The answers I got were not exactly what I was looking for, I don't care to change viewer and I know how to get to the profile.  I'd like to fix the one I have.   

In two recent version of  SL viewer  (currently using In version 2.8.1)   I've been unable to view anyone profile.  I've cleared cache  made sure  cookies and javascript were enabled.  Still all I see when viewing any profile is mostly a white page with a few links and zero detail about the person.   

What else do I need to check, clear or enable.   

TIA.

Tristizia Demonista wrote:

What i actually meant with switching was, in prefs -> setup, you have the option of using the internal or the browser of your choice. Check the external (your own) browser. The profiles are still dispayed inside your viewer, so don't worry
:)

Just would be interresting IF there is a difference.

I tried both settings with the same outcome. 

Again thank you for the help and suggestions. 

Void Singer wrote:

I believe the problem is one of settings... go to preferences (ctrl+p) and make sure you have enabled everything for the internal browser (cookies, javascript, and plugins)

Thank you, I've check these settings also.  

Maybe  I'm just supposed to be a cursed profile perv.  

do you by chance have any ad blocking software installed? some of them are overzealous and use your localhosts file to blockaccess to various resources... which migh include some common ones like google file and script repositories that many websites make use of

Void Singer wrote:

do you by chance have any ad blocking software installed? some of them are overzealous and use your localhosts file to blockaccess to various resources... which migh include some common ones like google file and script repositories that many websites make use of

I did have an ad blocker installed so i removed it and restarted everything.  still no luck.  

Thank you yet again.  

Maybe Mac 10.7  is just broken, but with LL putting out two updates since it's release I thought it would be safe.  

Six Igaly wrote:

It is most likely this: 

Today someone said profiles are broken since updrading to Lion....

thank you,  i'll follow that thread over there and see if anything gets fixed.  

thanks to everyone that tried to help, it's always appreciated. 

• 2 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4576 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.